Monday, June 21, 2010

11 months!

 DSC02787edit

I can’t believe that my baby is already 11 months old.  He is so fun to have in our family.  He LOVES to laugh.  I can’t wait till he can start to talk, I’m sure he will be telling jokes and will always be trying to make people smile.  I tried to take some pictures of him and here are a few of my favorites…

DSC02770edit 

You can always catch Connor with his thumb in his mouth, that this picture was perfect.

DSC02776edit

He also loves to scruntch his nose and make sniffing noises.  It is adorable and then laughs afterwards.

DSC02781edit Things that he is doing now:

  • crawling
  • pulling himself up onto everything
  • he loves to pull all the books or movies off the shelf.
  • he will walk if you hold his hands, but not holding onto a walker.
  • he loves to eat table food
  • he has 4 teeth now (2 bottom, 2 top)
  • he LOVES to laugh, but if you get him laughing too hard he will get the hiccups and spit up.  (Megan’s really good at getting him to do that.)
  • He likes to cuddle and suck his thumb
  • he will grab any cloth (burp cloth, clothes or soft toys) and suck his thumb.  If he feels any of those things he will stop and stuck his thumb

The day before he turned 11 months Connor had his first surgery.  He had to get his tear ducts probed on both eyes.  Here he is before the surgery.  (I don’t know why they put him in a purple gown when they had blue and purple.  I had a couple of nurses call him a girl.)  We were able to  have this surgery at our new Children’s hospital.  It was nice to go to a hospital that was less crowded, all new and a lot closer to home. 

DSC02960

All of the love and support he had as he went in for the surgery.  While we waited for him to come out of surgery Megan and Bryson got pampered with toys, coloring sheets, sticker sheets & slushies. 

June10

Once Connor was done with his surgery and in recovery they came and got me to come and sit with him.  It’s heart breaking walking down the hall listening to babies cry and trying to figure out if one of those babies is yours.  Then coming to the room and seeing your baby crying in the nurses arms with blood coming out of his nose, a bloody rag sitting on the bed  and his hand all taped up with an IV coming out of it.  His eyes were very swollen and he didn’t even look like himself.  After he finally drank some juice they took his IV out of his hand.  Of course they put his IV in his thumb sucking hand, which didn’t help in trying to comfort him.  (that was my only complaint) 

DSC02965

Luckily his eyes seem a lot better now, and I hope that they don’t get bad again cause I don’t know if I could put him through that again. 

4 comments:

Julia Kelly said...

What a cutie! Those pics you took are adorable.

Linda Kelly said...

He is getting SO big! He will be running circles around you soon. Can't wait to hold and hug him.

Jessica said...

I MISS HIM!!! He is so cute! He even looks so dang cute in his purple hospital gown. What is it about little kids in hospital gowns that make them look so small and cute. I wish I lived closer so I could give you more support when you and your family goes through these things. You need to let me know what I can do from Utah for you. Loved this post!

Tiffany Gremmert said...

I'm so glad he finally had his surgery but how sad! So not fun to see your kid go threw things like that. I hope it has helped.