Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Utah

I was able to travel out to Utah with Connor to visit my family for several events. (Hold on tight since there are a lot of pictures, and a really long post.)


Lil’ Sis Graduation:


The day that we flew in was the day of my little sister, Tosha’s, graduation. She is the baby of the family and I was glad that I was able to be there. Tosha really grew up since we have moved away and I feel like I don’t even know my little sister anymore. So it was really nice to be there and to meet her first boyfriend and see what a beautiful girl she has grown up to be. Even though Connor and I were extremely tired we made it through the ceremony without falling asleep. Connor did eventually give in and fell asleep at the very end. Tosha looked so pretty and I’m glad that I was there to share in her graduation. Congratulations Tosha, and welcome to life!

Tosha's graduation

The next day my Mom, my older and younger sisters, Connor & I all left for our 1st Girls Weekend and we went and stayed at my Uncle’s lake house at Bear Lake.


Girls Weekend:

We started the weekend off by getting pedicures. This was my first pedicure ever. I love how it felt and the massage chairs, and my toes looked so cute. They painted them so cute… and they still look cute 3 weeks later.

Girls weekend-Bear Lake


We had a lot of great food while we were there. We ate at a yummy Italian restaurant before we drove to the lake. My older sister also brought some yummy cupcakes with us, unfortunately we didn’t eat them until we came home. I’m sure they would have tasted a lot better if we ate them fresher, but they were still good. We also found a great little pizza and deli joint that was so good. We ate sandwiches there for lunch and then went back for some pizza for dinner.

Girls weekend-Bear Lake1


The house:

Here is the house that we stayed at. It is adorable. My Uncle and his family are renovating it and making it look so cute. I forgot to get pictures of the kitchen that they have finished but it looked so good. It was perfect for our time away and we are so grateful for a place to escape to, even if there was not electrical in the bathroom. We made due using the reflection on the microwave and helping each other do our hair.

Girls weekend-Bear Lake3


Chilin’:

We did a lot of driving and spent most of our time driving to and from the lake house and then driving around the lake. We did some shopping/browsing, sleeping and sight seeing.

Girls weekend-Bear Lake2


The View:

This was my first time at Bear lake and it is beautiful! This really is only a select few of the probably hundred of pictures that I took. I would have liked to be there on a warmer day since it was pretty chilly outside.

Girls weekend-Bear Lake4


Pictures Around the Lake:


The groupGirls weekend-Bear Lake5


Connor & I

Girls weekend-Bear Lake6


Just Connor

Girls weekend-Bear Lake7

We had a great trip and would have stayed longer but Tosha had to get back to Church to give a talk. She spent the whole ride back writing her talk. She did a great job, a lot better then I would have. Thanks Mom for a fun weekend. I look forward to our next trip so that I can get to know you guys better. I always feel like the one that is left out since I don’t live nearby and don’t hang out all the time.


Memorial Weekend


Our weekend was stuff full of events. Sunday was my Brother-in-law’s birthday and we celebrated with a family BBQ and some duck duck goose. My cute niece and nephew would always pick Connor to be the goose. Someone would have to pick him up and run around the yard.

Utah Trip6


Memorial day morning my Dad, my little bro & sis (BJ & Tosha) & I all went up and hiked the “Y”. It was a lot of fun since I hadn’t done it since Megan was born. It was REALLY crowded that day, but it didn’t seem that crowded as we hiked. It was a beautiful day and I’m glad that we were able to do it.


Utah Trip4


We came home and helped my Mom clean up the house and get it ready for our big family Memorial Day party, which was later that day and I realized that I didn’t take any pictures. I was too busy talking and catching up with all my cousins, 2nd cousins, my Mom’s cousins, & Grandpa. But it was really nice to talk to all my relatives and to meet some of them that I haven’t ever met before.


Later that night I was able to go over to Josh’s little sister, Kandis’ house and eat dinner with her, Nic and Nixon. It was my first time meeting Nixon and he is adorable and so little. Connor and him are the same height. We tried to get a picture of them standing next to each other but they wouldn’t have it. Even trying to get a picture of the 4 of us was difficult. But it was really a lot of fun to be able to spend some time with them. Thanks Dis & Nic for dinner.


Collages8


Tuesday I was able to go up to the Salt Lake Temple and do a live session. It was my first live session and it was really cool. Afterwards we had a Temple worker show us the Sealing Office. There was a beautiful stain glass mural of the First Vision in the office and on the other side of the mural is the Holy of Holies. It was a great experience. I’m glad that I was able to share that with my parents and my older sister. Thanks Tosha for watching Connor for me so that I could go. The temple looks so amazing and beautiful. I can’t believe that the pioneers built this, there are so many small details. The Temple worker had told us that mostly everything inside is the original. They have replaced carpet in places. But it is an amazing building.

Utah Trip5

I had a great visit and Connor was such a great baby. It is always fun to visit family, a week is never enough.


Connor and I had one more adventure going home. (It’s a little lengthy, I just want to remember, so skip if you want and just check out here to see all the people that I met.) We were flying from Salt Lake to Houston and then Houston to Louisville. But on our flight to Houston, they shut down the Houston airport, due to weather, and so we circled around until we were running low on fuel so we landed in Austin to refuel and wait till we could actually leave to get in to Houston. I had a 2 hour layover so I wasn’t too worried. Once we finally landed I had 5 minutes before take off. I found out that there was a band that was sitting behind me that was also flying to Louisville so of course they would hold the plane for all of us…. Nope! I got off the plane and booked it across the airport, on the train, and to the terminal and found out that the plane did leave and that that was the last flight out of Louisville that night. So I checked flights to Cincinnati and luckily there was one more flight out that had seats so I got on that flight. Josh called the neighbor and he came over to stay with the kids while Josh came up to get me. The band that I traveled with before was also on this flight.


Once we were on the flight luckily it wasn’t a full flight at all. I had a whole row to myself. A couple of the band members were sitting by me so I was talking to them trying to find out more about them. They were all very nice. I heard them talking about their luggage getting transferred over and should be going to Cincinnati. They said that they told her that 7 bags got transferred and they only had 6 so we figured my bag got transferred as well. I asked what type of music they played and they said Pop. Since I’m not good with names or anything and I’m sure I wouldn’t know any Pop singers I didn’t keep talking. The lady that I was talking to asked if I knew the song “Hey, hey we’re the Monkeys!” I said “Yeah!” Then she pointed at the guy sitting behind me and said “That’s him.”


The flight took off and conversation stopped. Connor would play peek-a-boo with the guy behind me and we enjoyed watching the lightening dancing across the sky as we flew. Once we landed I joked with the guy behind me about playing with Connor. He just said sarcastically “I would never do that!” Then he handed me a CD and said “Stick this in your bag, you’ll like it.” I thanked him and stuck it in my bag not really looking at it. After we got off I was finding out where they were playing, which was about 40 min south of us. She told me to check out Davyjones.net and I could check everything out. As I walked to baggage claim I overheard two guys talking how they use to watch Davy Jones’ show. (yes, I was still clueless at this point of who Davy Jones was. I just figured at this point that he must have been someone big since he had a show.) At baggage claim I was excited to see my bag there and thanked the lady I had been talking to for calling and getting the bags switched. Then another band member that I had talked to on the plane came over and shook my hand and to say bye to Connor. Once I was in the car I asked Josh if he knew who Davy Jones was, and of course he did. So we listened to his CD that he gave me on the way home. Then I have been teased since that I didn’t get a picture with him. Nope, no picture just a CD & a story.


DSC02590DSC02591

5 comments:

Growing Up Skye said...

I'm glad your trip to Utah was fun. If you're ever here again and have some spare time, let me know so we can get together (since I'm living here again). It's been forever since I've seen you!

Laura Jansson said...

I'm glad you had a fun trip! I can't believe you met Davy Jones! So funny you didn't know who he was! What a fun story to tell, though :)

Linda Kelly said...

Davy Jones!!!! Seriously, Davy Jones!!!! He was such a hit when I was younger. He has got to be a little old to still be doing concerts. He was the cutest one of the Monkeys when they were a big deal. Your trip to Utah looked fantastic and so much fun to do girly things with your mom and sisters. Conner looks more and more like Bryson! Your hair is darling and you look great. Glad you made it home safe and that you had a great time.

Hksedwick said...

Sounds like a great trip. I am jealous that you made it to the memorial day party. My mom said she had a great time talking to you.

Jessica said...

We really had a lot of fun. I'm happy that you made it out for so many fun things! I am also thrilled that we got to hang out with just us kids. That doesn't happen much and it was fun. My FAVORITE was playing the Just Dance game on the wii with just us kids and then Mom and Dad joining in. So much fun! I WISH you lived closer so you could get to know all of us better and you wouldn't feel like you didn't know us. We love and miss you like crazy. We also miss your kids. My kids ask me ALL the time when we will be going to Kentucky to visit you guys. Maybe we will have to take a road trip! :) Thanksgiving maybe, hint hint ha ha