Sunday, July 31, 2011

California

We were excited when we made it to California, 2,230 miles away from home.  I was excited to be able to clean out the van which was the first thing I did once we got there.  We took our time in California to relax and not do too much since we knew that our time in Utah was going to be very busy.  Some of the fun things that we did were, Grandpa taking the kids for a ride on the Four-wheeler.


Josh and Grandpa took the kids fishing while, Linda, Christy & I went to their stamping group.  It was a lot of fun making cards, and getting crafty with them all week.  Thanks to them I have learned to make cake pops and oreo balls. (my friends love you!)
The kids had so much fun fishing with Grandpa.  They went to one spot and was having no luck, so they packed up and headed to a new spot and the fish were biting like crazy.  The kids caught fish after fish coming home with 10 fish. 

We couldn't go to California without visiting Great Grandpa Kelly.  We went a couple days before he got his new chickens, but we still enjoyed hanging out talking to Uncle Ron & Aunt Allison & Grandpa and letting the kids swing, pick cherries and oranges, swim and play with the dogs.


4 Generations of Kellys!

Having fun swinging, eating oranges & watching the fish.

We were so proud of Bryson who was so scared to go down the slide and after Josh "tricked" him to go down by having him go up with him but sending him down the slide before him, he realized that it really wasn't that scary and he wouldn't stop going down the slide.  Megan had so much fun going down the slide, jumping off the diving board and getting thrown up in the air to grab a ball. Connor took awhile to get in to the pool and wouldn't try to go down the slide, but enjoyed just splashing around.  We had a lot of fun at Grandpa's playing around and listening to stories. 

We spent a lot of time hanging out around the pool.  Again Bryson surprised us when the Shumways were over and all the kids were lining up to jump off the diving board and Bryson lined up and didn't even hesitate when it was his turn and just ran and jumped off all by himself.  Connor wasn't as daring and would just keep to the little kid pool.  Megan loved swimming and as usual did awesome.  She was so good playing with the younger kids and helping them around the pool.

We were very excited to catch up with a couple of our friends while we were out there.  I don't know what got into me and I forgot my camera when we went to visit our friends, the Morgans, but we had a great time hanging out with them.  We had sent the kids out back to play with some bubbles and squirt guns and at the end of the day Connor ended up naked from getting soaked, Bryson was half dressed and Megan somehow came out with all her clothes on.  So much fun.
Josh and I also were lucky to go out on a date with our friends, I was treated to a new hairstyle and we just enjoyed our time relaxing, hanging out with Grandma, Grandpa, Mike, Christy, Ava & Jack.  Thanks for letting us crash the house for a week we loved hanging out with you guys.

2 comments:

MOM N said...

So fun!! I love the 4 generation photo!

Kristin Rose said...

I am jealous of all the fun you all had this summer. Wish we could have been in Cali too.