Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Back to School

Today Megan had her first day of Kindergarten. I feel kind of horrible since some of my friends who were sending their kids to Kindergarten were having a hard time, but I wasn't. Am I a bad Mom? I was so excited for her to go to school, to make new friends, to learn, and to have fun, and I guess selfishly to have some one on one time with Bryson without Megan. Megan really LOVES to write and draw, that I know that she will be so excited to be learning more and in a funner atmosphere then home. When she got home today she told us how she ate breakfast (don't know why she ate breakfast there since we fed her before she went to school, but she said that her whole class did it, dunno). She played outside and when there were 3 whistle blows then she comes back to her teachers, she even shared the rules of the playground... 1. Don't climb up the slide only up the ladder. 2. Don't throw the mulch, & 3. She couldn't remember, but there is a #3, probably no pushing or hitting or something like that. Then she said that they went inside and did something with tracing or painting their hands and then adding a nose, eyes, ears, hands and feet to it. Then she went to lunch and then got to play around some more. Sounds like a fun day to me, she said that her favorite thing that she did today was eat breakfast and lunch. I am so excited to send her back tomorrow and hopefully will get more information about what she does during the day besides eat breakfast and lunch.

9 comments:

JACK!E said...

She totally has your smile!! I can't believe someone my age has a daughter in kindergarten. That makes me feel a little old :) Cute outfit by the way.

Julia Kelly said...

wow, can't believe you guys are already back to school! We're still waiting to see if Loraya gets in to pre-K program or not. Last time we checked she was #1 on the wait list. We're crossing our fingers.

Love you guys

Brandon and Natalie said...

Oh man, I can't believe she's in Kindergarten!!! That's nuts isn't it? I think I'll be a combination of scared and ecstatic... Dillon is ... ummm, high enerygy... it will be a nice break :) Enjoy your hours of one baby freedom!

Laura Jansson said...

ahhh! what a cutie!!! I'm glad that she had such a fun day and that it wasn't too hard for you. I have know idea how i'll be when bethany gets to kindergarten. i guess we'll see. LOL. Megan is just such a cute girl, and has such a fun personality. I know she will be making lots of new friends ;) see you tomorrow.

Linda Kelly said...

Megan looks great in her new clothes. I am sure she will continue to LOVE school and the interaction she gets with all the kids and teachers. You are not a bad mom to be glad she is in school. I did the happy dance all the way home from the bus stop when my first one went off to school!! I still had 2 at home though! Enjoy your few hours of freedom while she is in school and good luck with the Megan's surgery.

Jessica said...

I still can't believe that Megan is going to Kindergarten. I still remember holding her as a baby! WOW time flies! It sounds like she had an exciting day with eating, playing and tracing. I bet she did a lot of laughing too! Megan I am so proud of you going to school and being so grown up! I think you looked so cute on your first day of school. I love you and miss you, Kylie says hi too!

The Kelly Family said...

She looks so cute and excited to go to kindergarden. I'm with you on the whole sad thing. I love Brinley, but I can't wait till she can go to kindergarden. She has another year, and I'm not putting her in preschool this year, but I feel like she is totally ready to have some independence and learn new things and make new friends in an enviroment outside of our home. I'm glad that Megan had a fun day at school and enjoy the one on one time with Bryson :)

Tadd & Linda said...

She looks so cute! Tatum started school today and the first thing she said is "Where's Megan?" She was bummed her buddy wasn't there. I hope she's loving Kindergarten, but we'll miss her at preschool. :(

Anonymous said...

Oh my word Megan looks so cute and so grown up!
I am so proud of you Megan!!
I miss you soooooo much!!!!
I had a hard time letting Tosha go to Her Jr. year in High school today! I miss you kids!