Sunday, May 31, 2009

Things We Have Been Doing

In between, sanding, peeling my vinyl things & work, here are a few things that we have done. For Memorial Day weekend the zoo had a member only movie night. They were giving free tram and carousal rides, so we decided to head down there, but we left before the movie since it started way past the kids bedtimes and they were cranky. But they had fun riding the carousal and seeing most of the animals.


Josh even jumped on an animal for the ride!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Megan also had her last swim lesson. She has improved in her swimming a ton since her first swimming lesson this year. She is now going under water, jumping in on her own, doing some swim strokes, getting a lot better about swimming on her back and all without needing a floating device. She LOVES being in the water and with her goggles on she is unstop able.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~

This is Megan's last week of Kindergarten and last Thursday they had an Ugly Bug Ball, where they got to dress up as fairy tale people. Megan chose to go as Sleeping Beauty.

Bryson and I went to her school to watch them perform and they also got awards and their certificate of completion of Kindergarten. Megan received an award in Music, recognizing outstanding participation and musical performance. I asked her if Music was her favorite class (out of music, P.E. & art) and she said that art was her favorite, then music then P.E. She said that they have to run a lot in P.E. and doesn't like it, but she loves drawing and painting in art, but loves her music teacher.

Here is Megan getting ready to perform.

Megan receiving her music award from Mr. A.
Sidenote: When they called her name she stood up and looked at me in the stands with her 'excited look' (mouth & eyes wide open) everyone laughed, unfortunately I missed it with the camera.

Megan receiving her certificate of completion from the Principal, Mr. Finch.

Megan with her class
Megan with her teachers Mrs. Combs & Mrs. German (dressed as the ugly stop sister and Cinderella). She LOVES her teachers and will miss having them teach her next year. They were GREAT!!
Megan with the other girls in our neighborhood that are in Kindergarten.

Megan singing her Ugly Bug Ball song

It gets a little jumpy when I start to deal with Bryson, but the song is still cute.


2 comments:

Linda Kelly said...

It is so hard for me to believe she is done with kindergarten already. She will be such a big help when the baby comes. I am so proud of the music award for her!! I am sure she is such a great singer because of all of her training in Primary!!

Sarah said...

Taylor says, "I miss you Megan. I like how you did your performance." She was confused why they were singing a different song than her class is doing for graduation. I love it. So cute.

AND, you look great. How do you feel?