Saturday, June 20, 2009

Amazing

I asked the kids what their favorite thing to do with their Dad and these were their answers.

Bryson: Play with me.
Me: play what?
Bryson: Play, fun.
Me: Play a game, play outside, read a story?
Bryson: Play with me.
So I conclude that he likes do everything with his Daddy

Megan: Play Frisbee with me.

So that is what my kids love to do with their Daddy.

I also wanted to add that I LOVE watching Josh be a Dad. He really is so sweet. My example is tonight, we have been with the kids all day and took them out to have some fun, drove in the car for a long time listening to them argue, yell and scream. After we got them home, bathed & fed, Josh was leaving and Megan wanted a story before he left, which he was already late leaving. He then knelt down in the doorway and read her a quick story. So of course since Megan got a story Bryson wanted one also, so he then reads one to Bryson. Moments like these make me realize what a great Dad he is. He makes me want to be a better person. Thanks Josh for being the best Dad to our kids!

3 comments:

Kristin Rose said...

I am giving a talk today on fathers and am going to use this story in my talk. I am so grateful for all my brothers great examples of being a good father as well as my own husband and my own Father. I have definitely been blessed with great men in my life.

Shumster said...

What a good daddy Josh is:)
It melts my heart when Tyson does things like that. What ever would we do without great fathers ? Keep up the great work Josh and I hope you had a wonderful daddy's day.
We miss you guys so much!!! You really do need to go to Disneyland some time oh... and while you are down here you have got to visit the Shumway family. I hear that they are super cool people and love to have people stay at there home.

Linda Kelly said...

I hope you had a great Fathers day and are looking forward to adding to the clan in a few weeks!! You really are a great dad and father and husband!! All my boys are! They learned a lot from their own father (hee hee hee)