Sunday, June 07, 2009

First Weekend of Summer

Megan is out of school for the summer and we had a full weekend planned of fun things to do. Friday night we went out boating with some friends. It had been raining all week and we lucked out with the perfect day to be playing outside. The kids did some tubing, and then the Dads went out and did some water skiing/ wake boarding. It was a great time!

Saturday started off with some free (no licence needed) kids fishing. It took us awhile to find where we were suppose to go and we almost gave up, but found it at the last minute. The kids enjoyed sitting there, but we had no luck in catching anything. We did learn that Megan wants things right away, even if it isn't exactly what she wants... for example, Dad had gotten one fishing pole all ready and she wanted that one since it was ready, even though we had already determined that Bryson was going to use it. Then once he got the other pole ready and cast it out and gave it to Bryson, she threw a fit that she wanted that pole. Not very patient, she needs high action fishing.

We spent the rest of the day after nap time driving around looking for a van to be able to fit our growing family. After a long day and my patience spent with the kids climbing all over the vans and running around dealerships, we headed to Sams club to pick up a few items, grab some dinner, since it was almost 7pm, and then head home. The kids and I ate while Josh ran into the store to grab the items we needed. Right as Josh was at the checkout Megan slipped off the bench (I say cuz she was goofing off, since I had already told her to not goof off, but she said that she was going to go to Dad) so, she slipped hitting the bench behind her and then the floor. Pizza went flying. I jumped up, Megan was crying. I observed her head, then noticed blood running down her neck. I turned her around and see blood coming out of her hair. I looked at Josh in line, tell him she's bleeding and take off to the bathroom, leaving Bryson all by himself. After all the blood was cleaned up and were able to control the bleeding I was able to sift through her hair and see the wound. Once I looked at it I knew that we needed to get her to the doctor.
I do have to say how kind and helpful everyone was to us. I noticed that Megan didn't have her shoe on when we were cleaning her up in the bathroom and told her to put it back on. Then she informed me that it was at the table. So a teenage girl who heard her say that went out and grabbed it and brought it in to her. We had a couple of managers come in and help me clean up Megan, and got her some ice. Someone cleaned up her pizza and even watched Bryson, who was just chilling, eating his pizza, while Josh checked out.
So off we went to get Megan checked out. Unfortunately the doctors office was closed so we headed to the dreaded E.R. I had to run home to get Megan's insurance card and so I grabbed the camera to document our time in the E.R. So here are the pictures...

Bryson refused to go to sleep, even after many attempts by us. Towards the end one of the nurses brought him in some stuff to color.

This is really how all of us were feeling, but I captured it in Josh.

CAUTION!!!
There is some blood in the next picture

This was the result of waiting 4 hours in the E.R. 1 staple in the back of her head.

We left the E.R. around midnight, but still had to go home and bath Megan to get all the blood off her and in her hair. She did really well getting it in. She did have a breakdown when they went to put the local anesthesia in and wanted to leave. Josh and I had to hold her down while they did it, but she did great after.

Today the kids and I slept in, but Josh had to get up early to go to meetings, and then we went to Church late. She has been fine, you never would have known she got hurt. She did tell everyone all about her owie. In 6 days (Fri) she gets to go get it taken out. I'm just glad that they didn't have to shave her head.

So Megan decided to go out of school with a BANG!!

9 comments:

Kristin Rose said...

Looks like all my little nieces and nephews are getting owies. Isaac has a chipped tooth and now Megan has staples in her head. I am glad nothing serious happened to either of them!

Julia Kelly said...

oh man, I'm sorry!! The ER is the WORST. I'm glad Megan is ok and hopefully the kids slept in for you the next day. :)

Laura Jansson said...

What a busy weekend! Looks like a lot of fun, and I'm glad Megan was so brave for her trip to the hospital. That's never fun, but helps that she was so brave :)Hope you're feeling ok, not much longer to go! :)

Tiffani said...

Ouch! Glad she is ok and I feel you pain having to wait at in the ER, looks miserable! Good post with pictures even, makes the story that much better.

Shumster said...

Cool it has been forever since I went wakeboarding. Josh as soon as I get to Sac I will buy a boat and I promise I will not use it until you and I can go Wakeboarding or kneeboarding for old times sake. Unless you can't make it out within a week of me getting a boat then I might have to break my promise. We really need to get together. Let us know when you are going back to Sac to visit and we will be there for sure.

Mark & Shalon said...

looked like a great weekend!! until that trip to the e.r. of course. glad she's doing ok!

Renee said...

ER is the worst... looks like you guys are having so much fun. we miss you!

The Kelly Family said...

Boating and fishing are fun! I hate the ER. You can always plan on being their 4 forever. I'm sorry that Megan got hurt, but atleast she only had to get 1 staple. I couldn't have watched them put that staple in her head. I would have either thrown up or passed out. I get grossed out by that kind of stuff.

Jessica said...

I HATE the ER! I am SO SORRY that you all had to go and be there forever. I am happy to hear that all she needed was a staple.
LOVE YOU MEGAN