Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Long Weekend

We are always excited about 3 day weekends, especially when Josh doesn't have to work and gets to stay and play with us. He got off of work early on Friday so that we could do something fun. But he got home just in time to be on throw up clean up duty. (I'm sure if he knew that that was what he was going to be doing he would have stayed at work... but I was grateful to have him home.) Connor had gotten sick and wasn't up for anything besides sleeping and laying around. So Josh took the duty of being with Connor,

and I took the kids outside to fly their kites. It was the perfect day to be flying kites, I'm glad that Megan reminded me that we had them to fly. The kids had a lot of fun running around with their kites.

The next day Connor still wasn't feeling well, but we figured if he was just laying around then he would just lay around in his stroller as we walked around the zoo. So we took our little monkeys to the zoo

Where they pretended to act like the animals that we were looking at.

On Monday we went boating with some friends on the river. It was breezy making the water a little choppy, but we still had fun.
We let all the kids (that wanted to) go water skiing. So Megan tried to water ski and she did very well. She was the only one of the kids to actually pull herself up and ski for a little bit before she fell. She tried 2 times, but the pain of falling on the water made it so she didn't want to do it again. She was so brave and we were all so proud of her.

Bryson had fun tubing, he never wanted to get out.


I also got thrown around in the tube for a little while. It was fun, and a little frightening since Bryson was the one "driving".
Megan helped drive when Josh was wake boarding.
We had a great time and ended our day with a yummy BBQ.
Bryson was so excited to go back to school today, he seemed to really miss it. I'm glad that he loves school so much, it helps to send him away in the morning. He really is growing up.

2 comments:

Linda Kelly said...

That is amazing that Megan could get up on the skiis!! She sure is more brave than grandma! I hope the sick is gone in a week! See you soon.

Jessica said...

WOW I am SO amazed that Megan would try water skiing let alone get up! Way to go Megan we are SOOOOOO proud of you! You are so brave. We love and miss you so much! I hope Conner is feeling better. While I was gone James got a really bad stomach bug too but it's on the other end so potty training has come to a halt! :) I LOVE the pics of the kids at the zoo so much fun! Can't wait to come out there and play with you all!