Thursday, December 08, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend

We were so happy when Josh's brother, Jacob and his family decided to come out and spend Thanksgiving with us.  We had a fun time cooking dinner all day and then enjoyed eating it.  The kids enjoyed the rolls, & pretzel jello salad.  Julia & I enjoyed the sweet potato casserole and the boys enjoyed lots of turkey & potatoes.  Later that day we went over to a friends house to enjoy pie together with 3 other families from dental school. 


On black Friday we decided to forgo the early hours, long lines and crazy people and slept in, got a babysitter for 9:30am and went shopping without the kids, went out for lunch & enjoyed our time.  This is what the kids did a part of the time we were gone!  It was SO WORTH the babysitter.

Saturday after Julia & I went to watch Breaking Dawn Part 1 (good, but wish I wouldn't have forgotten my glasses so that I could have seen it all clearly... now I have to go see it again), we took the kids outside to teach them how to ride bikes without training wheels. 

Josh & Jacob got their workout running up & down the street with Isaac & Bryson teaching them how to ride.  Here is a video of Bryson as he was getting a hang of it.

It was fun weekend, we are always sad to see Jacob, Julia, Loraya, Isaac & Macey leave.

No comments: