July seemed to fly by with so much going on...but at the same time I felt like it dragged. We started finishing our basement to make it more comfortable for guests and that seems to keep Josh very busy. He has been on break since July 13th, and he has been contracting work out on the basement and we are hoping to have it done before the baby comes. We just need to finish painting, tile laundry, bathroom & entry, carpet and finish off the plumbing & electrical. I can't wait till it's done! In between doing things on the basement, going to the gym, & the kids playing at the community center we have done some fun things.
Calypso Cove
Staying cool at the water park. I thought that we would have gone here a lot more then we have this summer but with the kids enjoying the community center activities it has made it so I can relax or go shopping for basement stuff with just Connor.
4th of July
We attended our annual ward breakfast in the morning with pancakes & corn hole. Then later that night we got together with some friends and the kids slip n slided and played around and then around dark we did some fireworks. Megan liked to hide behind trees and the garage while she watched, but came out for the sparklers.
Connor turned 3!
I am so proud of our little boy. He is so much fun to have in our family. He is talking so much better now, so much so that he didn't qualify to get into preschool early for speech. (which I was a little bummed about, but hopefully we will make the most of this year together). He loves to make everyone laugh. He looks up to his older brother, even though his older brother isn't always the nicest to him. He also started wearing big boys 4 days before his birthday. The story behind that is funny. We had bought him a different brand of diapers since they were cheaper and when I went to put them on him he didn't want anything to do with them since they weren't "his" diapers. So I told him that it was either those diapers or big boys. He picked big boys and we haven't gone back since. He does let us put a diaper on him at night, but every day he has worn big boys. He has only had a few accidents too, all of which have been at home, thankfully. For his birthday cake this year he had wanted a Curious George cake but when we went to go order the cake he decided that he wanted a duck cake. I had to keep double checking, but he was happy with his duck cake.
Ice skating
County Days!
We took the kids to the county parade before heading down to our ward's Pioneer Day celebration. The weather was actually really nice, if you were in the shade. Connor was so cute during the parade, he waved at everyone. I told him that the people in the parade were waving at him and so he waved the whole time, unless he was picking up treats, so cute. Zoo
32 weeks
I haven't taken any belly shots of myself this pregnancy. I'm feeling so much bigger and uncomfortable this pregnancy. But thought that I should get at least 1 picture. And maybe I will even get one more before the baby comes. This is what seems to drag on, I don't know if I will ever be done. Once I started my bi-monthly appointments it has seemed to drag on and on. At least now I'm down to almost 5 weeks.
No Boating
We attempted to go boating but right when we got there it got windy and then poured rain for 5-10 minutes. We got out and ate our picnic dinner and then it looked like round 2 was coming so we decided to pack up and head out, but I did get this picture of the rainbow to capture our experience.
And that was our July!






No comments:
Post a Comment