Sunday, September 30, 2012

Megan's 9!

Birthday Girl
 
I wasn't expecting to be able to spend Megan's birthday with her.  I thought for sure I would have had her little sister and wouldn't have been able to bring her lunch at school.  So I was grateful that I was able to take her lunch along with her Aunt Jessie & cousin Kylie.  We brought her a kids meal from McDonald's & cupcakes for her class as she requested, and then Jessie & Kylie surprised her with flowers too which she LOVED!!  Connor was with us too, but refused to get his picture taken.
 
My family always sends out a birthday sign that is signed by everyone back home, and it has become tradition to get a picture in front of it.  And Megan really wanted to wear my birthday hat too.
 The best time of the day for her is opening presents and cards.  She loved everything she got, especially the money from Grandparents & great Grandparents. 
 

 The Cakes
 Aunt Jessie was so excited to be here for Megan's birthday & really wanted to make Megan a birthday cake.  Unfortunately the cake took a lot more time then usually (probably due to the humid weather out here) and so we had to do cake the following day.  But Megan didn't mind cause that means we got to celebrate another day!
Megan & her aunt working on the cake.
 Aunt Jessie made 2 cakes, a big one for everyone and then a little one for Megan to decorate.  This is the little one that Megan decorated.  She was so proud, and was very picky about who she let eat the cake too.  You can see the lovely pink lips & teeth from eating the other cake.
 
Here is Jessie's wonderful creation.  She did everything that Megan wanted and she LOVED it! 
 

 
 Megan had requested a rainbow cake with butterflies on it, so she made the inside of the cake all rainbow, which I think turned out really good.  Megan has a wonderful Aunt!
 
The Nails
 
For Megan's birthday we wanted to do something special for her and she has always wanted to get her nails done at a salon.  So we told her that if she stopped biting her nails that I would take her to get her nails done.  So she was able to let her nails grow out enough that I was able to go take her.  She LOVED it, and loved showing everyone her nails.

I treated myself to getting my nails done too since I was 4 days overdue.  And to share in the experience with her.

We love our big girl and are enjoying watching her grow up.  I know that I am hard on her at times, I just want the best for her.  She is an amazing artist, friends with everyone, does very well at school, wonderful dancer & swimmer & loves to laugh and have fun.
 

2 comments:

Julia Kelly said...

Fun to get updated!! Still waiting for those baby pictures! :) You look fantastic and Happy birthday to Megan!!

Super cute cakes and glad that your sister was there..what a blessing!

pay for essays said...

Such a care at hospital - I'm impressed! We here are glad for your new baby born!:) Let it grow up healthy and beautiful person!