Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Alcatraz & San Fransisco

We went down to San Fransisco for a day and we went over to Alcatraz and did the self guided tour. It was a very interesting experience and I would recommend it to anyone that is in the area. Alcatraz has so much history and it was just cool seeing inside of the prison and listening to stories that went on there.
Here we are in front of the sign
Megan & her cousins Isaac, Braydon, Loraya & Andrew
Alcatraz island
Alexis & Josh on the boat ride over to Alcatraz
Grandma, Megan, Loraya & Grandpa Kelly

Us standing on Alcatraz looking back to San Fransisco
The Jail cells
This is were the prisoners would come to get their clothes when they would first arrive.
Inside a jail cell... basically a bed and toilet
This cell is staged to what you might have seen. Some other ones had art that they would paint, or knitting that they would do to pass the time.

This is the Kitchen
More of the Kitchen
Bryson & Alexis standing in the cafeteria

We think that we might be related to George "Machine Gun" Kelly. He had the bushy eyebrows that most of the Kelly boys have. Who knows?
On our way to see the seals
Usually there are more seals then this, but they head north or south and these are "the rejects" that didn't find a mate

Our family


Alexis & Bryson, looking back to Alcatraz. (It was a windy day)

3 comments:

Frampton Family said...

I can tell that Bryson is a momma's boy. I love the last picture of you two. He looks like he adores you Alexis. Sounds like you had fun in San Fran.

Tiffani said...

You got some great scenic pictures!

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures! I have to agree with Janelle I love the picture of you and Bryson! I hope that James is just like him. I also have to say that you are the cutest little family and you look amazing!!! I love your cute outfit! I wish we had time to do that tour when I was out there with you. Maybe another time when you are living in California. I miss you!

Love, Jess