My dear sweet Grandma passed away today at 83. We were expecting her to pass so it wasn't a surprise. I am just so happy that she is able to be with her family again in heaven and not in any pain. I loved my Grandma very much she was so kind, very funny and always knew how to make us smile. We were so blessed to have her in our lives for as long as we did and I am grateful for all the time I had with her. I just wanted to share a few memories of her.
I'm sure if I could remember this day I would have some great memories but this is on my blessing day. I do have a memory of the furniture in the background always being filled with pictures and cards from her kids and grand kids, I love going over and checking out all the new photos. 

Grandma never forgot a birthday, here we are on my 4th birthday.

When we were younger I remember going to Grandma's for Christmas, and even one year Santa came.

Grandma always loved candy canes, she could eat a box in a week. So we brought her some candy cane reindeer and of course she tries to make us laugh with them.

And we took a family picture with the boys too.
And again you can just tell what a fun person she was to be around.
This picture is of my Grandma on her 80th birthday. I know that my Grandma is up in heaven dancing away now.
I will miss you Grandma, but I know that you are in good hands. I will hold on to my wonderful memories until I can see you again. I love you!
I will miss you Grandma, but I know that you are in good hands. I will hold on to my wonderful memories until I can see you again. I love you!
6 comments:
I am sorry to hear about your grandma. I am also so excited to hear you are pregnant! Congrats!
so sorry to hear about your grandma- you obviously have some wonderful memories to hold onto.
love, ashly
p.s.- did you just get outed???! is there something I should know???!
and had I scrolled my eyeballs down 2 sentences I would have seen what I should know. I claim motherhood as my excuse. ;) ****congratulations!*** baby boom in La Grange! so, so, excited for you and Josh :)
She is so dang cute. What a fun grandma to have!
It is so wonderful to have great memories of the good times we have with our grandparents. She was a special lady in your life that you can learn much from. I know she is proud of you and what a great mother and friend you have turned out to be. She would be proud of the legacy you are leaving for your children and grandchildren to be!! Don't worry, you will see her again and have a wonderful reunion!!
Last week when i got the email that she was in hospice, I decided to watch the tribute dvd that they did for all of our grandma's at the last family reunion. It was really neat to see pictures of them in their prime.(did you get to see it??). We'll miss her!
Post a Comment