Thursday, July 02, 2009

Out of the Blue

This past Wednesday was a very typical day for the most part until the evening. After cutting Bryson's hair I was bathing him and Megan came in and announced...


M: I don't want to live here anymore, I want to live with Emma
me: Okay??
M: I'm going to go live with Emma.
me: okay, whatever (not really taking her serious)
Then I hear a door close. I go to see what door just closed and Megan is out on the back porch. She comes back in, so I continuing bathing Bryson, like I didn't even notice that she left. She goes into her room and starts grabbing things. I go in and tell her that she can't take anything cause all that stuff belongs to my daughter and if she didn't want to be my daughter then she couldn't take it. I leave her in her room and finish up Bryson when I see her outside the window with her Leapster and blanket walking over to her friends house. So I go call my neighbor to warn her that Megan is coming over. Part of me is thinking "she'll learn her lesson and realize how much she misses her family and she'll want to come home." Then the other side of me, which is the side that came out was BAWLING (I haven't cried like this in a LONG time) thinking "I am the worst Mother, my daughter doesn't even want to be a part of our family anymore." So I call my neighbor barely able to get my words out between my sobs, and I try to explain the situation and that I don't even know why she really left. I told her that I would send Josh over once he gets home from his meeting to get her. My wonderful neighbor says not to worry and that she'll watch her for a little while and see if she can figure anything out. So after tons of crying, Bryson following me around saying "Mommy sad?", made some brownies (since I knew I was going to need something after all this was over.) and finished cleaning up my bathroom from Bryson's haircut. My neighbor comes over, with Megan hiding behind the corner too scared to come in.


My neighbor tells me that all she could get out of her is that she doesn't like sharing a room with Bryson cause he talks too much at night. (so for those of you who have been wondering how it is going, first week good, now horrible)
After she left and I talked to Megan, who still didn't want to come inside, she wanted to go back to her friend's house. I had to convince her to come inside to wait for Dad to come home so that she could say good bye to him.

So once we were inside she went to her room and started to pack.

Packed Items (wrapped in her blanket):
Clean clothes for the next day
All her play jewelry
A horse
and her Leapster
Once Josh got home he finally talked some sense into her with much debate on her side. She still wanted to leave. We even tried telling her that if she left she wouldn't be part of our family anymore and that she wouldn't ever meet her little brother. She said that she would come back in the morning.
So after one dramatic night we have changed their bedtime routines and things are going a little better. We've also talked about Megan sleeping over at her friends house for a night, since that really seemed like what she wanted to do, sleep with anyone but Bryson.

3 comments:

Brandon and Natalie said...

Dillon did almost that exact same thing!!! He wanted to move to his friends house and so we talked like he was going - packing and stuff - the 'out of the blue' wink wink I remembered they can't eat ice cream at their house so it's a good thing he doesn't like ice cream anymore :) He quickly changed his tune! It ended up being quite hilarious!!!

Laura Jansson said...

I am so sorry! That is so hard you had to deal with that--especially dealing with all the crazy pregnancy hormones. I'm glad she's home and I hope the bedroom situation gets better with she and Bryson. Hugs!!

Mom N said...

That is so funny(but not really)
I wonder wear she gets that from?
"I going to run away clear past the church" (with an empty suitcase may I add)
Honey it makes me sad to think of you crying that bad!