Friday, May 07, 2010

Derby Bingo

This is our 2nd year doing Derby Bingo. We started doing it since I miss my family bingo parties, so we started our own on Derby day. This year we started a hat contest. The idea came from a friend, but it was perfect since the Kentucky Derby is all about hats. So everyone was invited and had to wear some kind of hat... fancy, funky, silly or cute. So here are our families hats.



All the groups...

Everyone that came



Playing B-I-N-G-O!!


After we played bingo and all the prizes were gone we had a pot luck BBQ and watched the Kentucky Derby race (you can watch it here.). I do have to say that my favorite part was when all the kids were sitting down at the table eating and one little girl started to sing a primary song, the rest of them joined in and started to sing, then once that song was done they sang another. So cute! We had a great time and were glad to share my family tradition with our "family" out here! Can't wait till next year! I already have an idea for a hat.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I LOVE IT! You are so creative and such a fun Mom and friend. We WISH you could live here and come to OUR family bingo parties! I think it's so fun that you have made it into a derby celebration as well.