Megan & Bryson went to a dog training class where they got to help train a dog. The kids (more Megan) have been asking for a dog and so we figured that this would be a good class for the kids to attend so they can understand the responsibility of training a dog, and also for when we eventually get a dog we will know how to train it. I wasn't able to attend, but Josh took the kids and took these pictures. So the rest of this post will be from the words of the kids...
(Megan) The night was very fun we got to train a dog to heel

and to sit and to come and to stay.

I (Bryson) got to train Spotty. He tried to jump up on me. I trained Spotty to play games and I got to give him a treat. I put the treat in my hand and I dropped it on the ground and he tried to eat my hand, but it didn't hurt.

Bryon's favorite part was giving the dog treats.
Here my (Megan) dog wouldn't sit down so the trainer had to come and make him sit down.

Megan's favorite part of the night was teaching the dog to heel, and taking the dog through an obstacle course.
We will hopefully be able to go to more of these classes (which are free) to help the kids learn the responsibilities of a pet and also to get their "dog fix" in.
2 comments:
Sounds like they had a great time. I can't believe how big they are both getting. Regardless, they are still super cute!
You have the best of both worlds. The kids can train and play with the dog and then you don't have to take care of it!! I can't believe all the fun things there are to do in Kentucky!
Post a Comment