Tuesday, September 14, 2010

7 Already!

I can't believe that my little baby is 7 today.


She has grown up so fast, I think that a lot of family still think of her looking like this, since this was almost the age she was when we moved away to come here.

But now she has grown into a beautiful girl, she's no longer my baby. I still can't believe that in 1 year she will be getting baptized.

Megan is such a sweet girl. She loves to help, especially all her teachers. Megan is VERY creative, she is constantly working on a project, I don't know where she comes up with most of her ideas, but she definitely has a talent. She loves to read and is really getting into chapter books. When Megan is done with her homework you can find her reading, drawing or creating something. She also enjoys playing with her brothers. I know that we put a lot of pressure on her to be a good example to her little brothers, but I think that she does a pretty good job. I love her beautiful smile, her cute freckles and her kind heart. I love my little girl and can't believe that she is growing up so fast.


*************

To celebrate Megan's birthday today I took the boys to her school and brought her McDonald's, and surprised her. She was so surprised, especially since we got there a little late and she had already gotten her lunch, but she didn't mind trading her cafeteria hamburger for McDonald's cheeseburger.


When Megan got home from school I had balloons and flowers waiting for her, she was so excited and said that "This is the best birthday ever!" We then decorated her birthday cake. (a butterfly, my first homemade cake creation)

After dinner (grilled cheese, fruit salad and chocolate milk, her favorites) she had soccer practice and then we came home with our friends to have some cake and ice cream.

Here we are singing happy birthday.


Then she opened presents
(wings, construction paper, stickers, markers, craft box full of stuff, silly bands, night gown & pez)

And everyone helped her model everything that she got.
She loved all her presents and we are so grateful to everyone that helped make this day a special one for her. She loved all the phone calls and getting all the attention. We did run out of time to sit down and give her one more special present that most of you (at least the ones that read this blog) helped with. (THANK YOU!) So she will get more birthday fun tomorrow, which will extend for the rest of the week since we are taking her out for her birthday dinner to Chuck-E-Cheese later this week.

2 comments:

Julia Kelly said...

Happy Birthday Megan! Sorry, you didn't get a letter from us...we will send out one soon, better late then never right? I guess I should look at my email more often. Anyways, you are such a sweet girl and a wonderful example to all your younger cousins.

Lots of love!

Hksedwick said...

Wow I can't believe she is seven. She looks so much like you! I definitely still think of her as that little girl in the picture. Tell her happy birthday!