Before the hunt
picking up all the eggs all over the ground, not many hiding places
Bryson's basket full of eggs
The kids with the Easter Bunny
Megan had to run down in the rain with her 2 friends to come get us. It was pouring and she got soaked. She dropped some of her eggs as she was running, her friends slipped and fell and her eggs went flying everywhere. Megan came to me crying and telling me that this is the worst Easter ever. This is what she looked like.
Then when I left to go get the van Megan found one of the "Prize eggs" in her basket. So we went to turn the egg in to see what her prize was and this is what she got.
It went from the worst Easter ever to the Best Easter ever. She talked about it all night and told everyone that she found the prize egg and that she found it in the last cupboard in the barn.
Here is a video of the boys picking up their eggs, you can hear the rain pounding on the roof.
Easter Morning
The kids with their Easter Baskets
Megan in her Easter dress.
I wasn't lucky enough to get pictures of the boys since they wouldn't cooperate, but you can see them in pictures below of their cute Easter outfits that matched (Bryson has his vest off for the Easter egg hunt)
We celebrated Easter with a few families from our ward (about 8) and we had a wonderful ham dinner and then we lucked out that it had stopped raining for most of the afternoon so we were able to do an Easter egg hunt outside. Slightly muddy, but the kids had fun.
My Crafts
In my spare time I have been making these flower clips that I learned how to make at our Super Saturday last year.
And with my new sewing machine I am re-learning how to sew and I made a blanket for each of the kids for Easter. I bought the sewing machine since it reminds me of my Grandmother and how she would make blankets for all of the new great grand babies, so my first project was in memory of her and what an amazing woman she was and all of the love that she put into making the blankets. I am sure that she would be proud of me and the blankets that I made.
Megan's
Bryson's
Connor's
I have to add that when I went to buy the fabric I originally wanted to give Bryson the orange ball blanket since his favorite color is orange. But Connor was obsessed with it at the store and wouldn't let me put it away. So after I was done making them we brought Connor in and had him point to which one he wanted and he of course grabbed the ball one. Then we brought Bryson in and he said that he would take the monkey one cause Connor likes the balls. I was very impressed with Bryson. He usually is very stubborn and when he wants something he sticks to it, but this time he was very generous. I'm hoping that he is learning. I've very proud.






4 comments:
Kathryn said: Cute blankets! I would like to make something similar for my kids? How did you put them together?
Look at you Mrs. Spiffy! The blankets are great!!! I love the little hearts on Megan's.
Such a wonderful tradition that you are doing for your children. You can tell them all about your grandma and about your blankets that she made for you! So proud of you and all that you are learning. You are amazing
I love the story of Megan so sad and how this was the worst Easter ever. It is amazing what a stuffed animal and some candy can do. Glad she ended up having the best Easter ever! Also great job with your crafts!
Post a Comment