I felt kinda dumb sitting down there since it didn't seem like it was that bad out there and was pretty sure that we were the only people sitting in our basement. The next morning I found out that we weren't the only ones, most of our friends took cover too. But we also learned a little more about our preparedness and things that we need... like a working radio so we know when we can come out and things are all clear.
So, today I heard on the news that a tornado touched down in my county, my friend just e-mailed me this report and I didn't realize how close it was to our house. Below is the report... when you are looking at the map our house is in between Esther Way & the North Fork Cedar Creek (where it dips). CRAZY!!! I'm just glad that we took cover and that nothing happened to us or our property.
Oldham County EF-1
DAMAGE TYPE: TORNADO
BEGIN TIME: 12:49 AM EDT
END TIME: 12:49 AM EDT
BEGIN POINT: 1.9 MILES NORTHWEST OF LA GRANGE
END POINT: 1.7 MILES NORTHWEST OF LA GRANGE
EF SCALE: EF-1
WIND SPEED: 90 MPH
PATH LENGTH: 0.2 MILES
PATH WIDTH: 80 YARDS
INJURIES: 0
FATALITIES: 0
NARRATIVE: NWS STORM DAMAGE SURVEY TEAM CONFIRMS A VERY BRIEF EF-1
TORNADO NORTHWEST OF LA GRANGE IN OLDHAM COUNTY. THE TORNADO
DESTROYED A BARN AND SNAPPED HUGE HARDWOOD TREES 30 FEET OFF OF THE
GROUND AT THE BEGINNING POINT...1.9 MILES NORTHWEST OF LA GRANGE. IT
THEN MOVED NORTHEAST DAMAGING THE ROOF OF A HOUSE AND ANOTHER BARN.
THE TORNADO WAS ONLY ON THE GROUND FOR TWO TENTHS OF A MILE BEFORE
IT LIFTED. ESTIMATED WIND SPEEDS WERE AROUND 90 MPH WITH A PATH
WIDTH OF 80 YARDS.

3 comments:
So freaky! I didn't think our county had it very bad but I guess we did. I'm glad we are all okay.
Glad you are all okay. Always better to take cover and be prepared then to look back and think why didn't we. There is nothing wrong with being over prepared! A little battery operated radio is a good idea for your next item for your kit.
That is so crazy! I am so glad you are ok! So glad you were prepared!I would love to see a photo of Megans new smile!
Post a Comment