Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Connor is 2!!!

Cheese face!
My baby is now 2 years old!  He really is such a joy in our lives.  He loves to be with his older brother and sister and make everyone laugh.  He has been making a lot of progress on his speach, and just in case I haven't mentioned anything before, he was a very slow talker.  at 18 months he would only say a few words and since he has been in speach therapy he has been doing a lot better. 
At his last appointment Connor weighed: 27 pounds and is 34.5 inches tall.  Tall and skinny for his age.  His newest obsession since we have been home from our trip have been horses.  Or Nays to him.  If he sees them he yells at you Nay until you acknowledge the horse that he is trying to show you, not very fun when it is during church. 
Connor is also very polite.  He loves to say thank you.  He says it all the time even if he does something for you then he says "thank you moma" I love it.  The other thing that I love is when we are trying to figure out what he wants, for example in the morning picking out cereal.  I will show him a box at a time and he will say no until I get the one that he wants and he says "yeah!" with his hands up in the air.  It is super cute! 

For Connor's birthday we invited friends over for a BBQ to celebrate.  I wish it was a cooler day, but it was very muggy that day and aweful, but it didn't ruin the fun.  Connor loved to say cheese for the camera.  He loved all of his presents and his cake.   
I had fun decorating for the party.
The Decorations

Our present for Connor was his big boy bed.  We let him sleep in it for the first time that night.  He fell out of it once, but luckily we were still awake to help him back in.  What a big boy!
In his big boy bed

2 comments:

Julia Kelly said...

You are getting all caught up! :) I'm not looking forward to putting Macey in a 'big girl bed.' Hope you are surviving ok! Loves!!

Jessica said...

I LOVE his cheesy smile! He is such a sweet little boy. I loved playing with him when you were in town. I still can't believe he is 2 years old!! LOVE YOU CONNOR!!