Sunday, September 11, 2011

Birthday Week

This week Megan is turning 8 years old.  Back when Megan was around 4 years old she was asking when she could get her ears pierced, I told her that she had to be 8 years old since I figured that we would be done with dental school by then or possibly just have a year left.  (funny how life doesn't go the way you have planned) Plus I figured that when she was 8 years old then she would be responsible enough to take care of her ears by then.  So she has been counting down to this day for a few years.  The next big step in her life will be when she can wear make up at age 12.  We decided to take her down on Sat (a few days before her b-day) to get it done so that they would have 2 people there to be able to do the piercing at one time.  So we didn't tell her where we were going, even when we were looking at the earrings she kept asking, "When can we come back and get my ears pierced?" When I told her right now she was so excited and kept jumping up & down.  We let her pick out the earrings that she wanted and she sat down.  We documented it all with pictures and video.
Before


During
they gave her the dog to hold on to.


 After


 Something else that I told her is that I would re pierce my ears too when she got hers done, so I got them done too.  So we get to take care of our ears together! You can't really see them in the picture, but Megan picked out really cute flowers and mine are CZ's. 

Megan is going to have a super birthday week.  Turning 8 on Wed & then having her art birthday party on Saturday that her Grandma has been helping me with and getting supplies for for a few months now.  We have been working every day to get everything ready for it and Megan is SO excited.  She also gets to meet with the Bishop today and then she will get baptized next month.  My little girl is growing up!

7 comments:

Brandon and Natalie said...

No! She's 8?!?!?! That's nuts! Oh man. I can't believe you have an 8 year old. We're getting old Lex!!!

Brandon and Natalie said...

Oh, cute bangs! I love them, they look so good on you!

Me said...

I always remember Megans birthday because it is the same day as Kayleighs. Don't earrings just make them seem so grown up all of a sudden? I refuse to believe that Kayleigh will be 7 this week, I surely can't be old enough, haha! Well good luck with all the party prep, and the fun day itself! Cross your fingers for me - I'm pretty nervous to pull off Kayleighs party. Megan is such a cutie!!

Mike and Christy said...

That was too funny when she started to plug her nose. I can't believe she is 8 already. I can still remember babysitting her when she was a little toddler. Happy Birthday Megan!

Laura Jansson said...

What a fun Mommy & Daughter thing to do!! She is growing up so fast! By the way, I LOVE your bangs! You look beautiful!

Julia Kelly said...

How fun! I hope Megan has an awesome week of celebrating! Did you plug your nose too when the pierced your ears? ;)

Jessica said...

Megan you are SO BRAVE! I love the expression on her face when it was about to happen. She was trying so hard to be so brave. Megan you look beautiful with your glowing smile after you got your ears pierced!

Kylie says: We watched the video of you getting your ears pierced. Did it hurt? I love you Megan!