Saturday, September 17, 2011

I can't believe she is 8!

Funny how age makes us remember where we want to be in life.  I remember having a conversation with a friend saying that when our girls turned 8 we would be back in the same place living together, and the girls would be able to get baptized together.  And now Megan is 8, Josh just started dental school and my friend has now moved away.  It's funny how life just happens.  So instead of Megan turning 8 there, she is 8 here and we are just starting our journey in dental school.

For Megan's birthday we celebrated by Bryson, Connor & I taking her lunch at school.  We had fun hanging out with her.  That evening we made her favorite meal, Grilled cheese sandwiches & jello and then we had some friends over for ice cream cake.  Megan was very excited to see their new baby and hold her for the first time.  We are so proud of our little 8 year old, and for the beautiful girl she is.  She is so kind, loving and helpful.  Sometimes she gets a little excited about things, but she is a great big sister.  We love her!


Party Time!
We let Megan have a party this year thanks to Grandma Kelly for helping plan it.  We wish she were here to help put it on, since I'm sure it would have looked 10 times better, but she helped supply most of the stuff and helped with a lot of the ideas.  So thank you Grandma Kelly.  We even had the girls say it during the party, so if a random little girl comes up and thanks you next time you are here you know why. :-)

So Megan chose to do an Art Party!  We started out by playing in our photo booth while we waited for everyone to come, and then went back to it during the party since the girls had so much fun!  They would have stayed there all party if they could have.

Here are a few silly poses, there were so many to choose from!


Cute poses

We had 3 different art projects for them to do. 

Canvas Painting

 Tote bag stamping/painting

 Piggie Bank decorating

 We served lunch along with cupcakes, Oreo balls & ice cream sundaes.  And each girl got to take home a tote full of fun things.  (thanks to Grandma!)

 Megan loved all of her presents.  She got a lot more earrings that she is so excited about wearing, in 3-5 more weeks, a necklace, art supplies (which will be tucked up high so that Connor can't color on the wall with) and an umbrella.

I am so glad that Megan loved her party.  I asked her afterwards what her favorite part was and she couldn't think of a favorite she loved all of it!  That is when you know it was a success.  She just missed a couple of friends that didn't make it.  I'm glad that it is done.  We have been planning this and getting ready for this for a few months now.  It was worth it tho. 
Happy 8th Birthday Megan!

7 comments:

Dad & Mom N said...

That looked like a great party! Wish we could have been there. It's hard to believe Megan is 8! Megan is so pretty! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEGAN! we look forward to coming out in October.

Jessica said...

LOVE the photo booth idea! Way to go Linda! I will have to remember that one for my kids birthday's So CUTE! I LOVE Megan's hair curled on her birthday she is so beautiful!! I can't believe she is 8 years old! I love that girl soooooooo much!! I SO WISH we lived closer. I LOVE the art party that is SOOOOO MEGAN! Looks like the girls had a great time! The canvas paintings look great they all are artist's! LOVE YOU MEGAN and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Anonymous said...

The perfect party for the big 8 year old. I loved seeing all the pictures and all the fun planning coming to an end. It looks like a wonderful time for all of the girls. Grandma Kelly

Julia Kelly said...

So fun! The photo booth is such a cute idea. Glad Megan had a fun birthday. We love you Megan!

Kathryn said...

I am totally stealing this idea for when my oldest daughter turns 8! She is really into art, so that would be perfect. :)

Kathryn said...

Where did you purchase most of your art supplies?

Sarah said...

What a fun birthday! You always make it so special. We're doing a photo booth for our trunk or treat coming up--love them!

Now, good luck with all the baptism details. Wish we could be there!!