Monday, September 05, 2011

Room Remodeling

Grandma Kelly came and helped us redecorate the kids rooms.  We had painted Megan's room before she came out and purchased some things, but Grandma came and gave us direction.  We found some awesome things and just love the way the rooms turned out.


The Boys room
It ended up being a baseball/ sport theme.  I love their little reading corner that they use, Connor likes it the best so far, and the shelving for them to keep all their nick knacks.  Bryson loves his hat rack.  I loved the picture with the 8 12 19 giving them their goals to work towards, baptism, priesthood & mission.   I love it!


Megan's Room
Her room was much easier to put together.  We had bought the bedding and was trying to match things to that and we had no problem.  We found the perfect picture that matched perfectly.  We made Megan her own reading corner and got the cute lamp so she can read before bed, and modge podged the letters READ.  She loves her little hanging basket for her stuffed animals.  We put butterflies on the wall and hung other cute things around her room.  We also found the perfect rug and curtains to go with it.  We love it!


Our last project that we worked on was a wall collage.  We went to the local flea market and found a bunch of mirrors and frames which were all a couple of bucks, except for the big mirror.  They were all gold so we took some white spray paint to them.  We cut out the size of the mirrors so that we could tape it to the wall before Grandma had to leave so she would know what it looked like.  Then we finished it up after she left and I think that it looks amazing.  Megan loves it! 
We had so much fun doing projects for the kids rooms.  Now all we have to do is paint the crown molding so that we can put it up in their rooms.  There is always something to do!  Thanks to Grandma for all your help and decorating expertise.  We couldn't have done it without you.

3 comments:

Linda Kelly said...

It is always nice to see the finished product! I think both rooms look great and I know Megan and the boys love the new rooms! Thanks for letting me come and play.

JACK!E said...

Both rooms turned out cute! I love when people post pictures of the inside of their home so I can get decorating ideas.

Jessica said...

Very cute! How funny that you and I were both re-doing the kids rooms at the same time. I did something very similar with the picture collage in my family room but with photos and a M for Moon. :) Very fun! It was fun to hear all about Megan's room from her. She was very excited.