Christmas was not the same for me this year. I got a call on Dec 17th (Bryson's b-day) during our ward Christmas party that my Mom was taken to the hospital. She had passed out and when she awoke she was very confused, not talking much and not very alert. They took her down to the ER and she was admitted into the ICU right away. Her sodium levels were deathly high and she had a lot of air in her head. So after a lot of thinking, crying figuring things out I decided to take a trip out there on Monday afternoon. (thanks to our great friends giving me a buddy pass). I spent the week at the hospital watching my Mom go up and down, not improving enough to be sent home. On Friday they decided to put a shunt in her head to help remove the air in her head and immediately following the surgery she was much better. We were so excited. They let her go home on Christmas eve and I flew back home on Christmas morning. Josh was a trooper to take the kids to church and hold the kids off from opening presents until I got home at 4pm. Once we got home the kids tore through their presents and we had dinner with our good friends. It was a crazy day. I was just grateful to be able to see my Mom and Dad in the morning and then my family too. And while I was with my Mom I didn't take the camera so we didn't take any pictures to document my trip out there.
Christmas morning & stockings. And Christmas eve pajamas.
Family presents! The kids were so excited when they opened the wii. They have played it nonstop ever since. It is a great motivator to get their chores done.
Bryson & his presents
Megan & her presents
Connor & his presents
Connor loved playing in the wrapping paper. I would have loved to let him play in it all day, but we didn't have all day for him to play in it. He kept saying FUN! as he would run and jump into it, throw it around and slide.
I was grateful to be with my family for Christmas, and I know that Josh was glad for me to be home too!






No comments:
Post a Comment