Saturday, January 07, 2012

WV- Pittsburgh Zoo

While visiting Jacob and Julia we took a trip up to the Pittsburgh Zoo for a day.  It was really fun.  I like to go to other zoos to see animals in a different atmosphere.  I LOVED their aquarium and their monkey house was pretty cool too, so cool that we didn't get any pictures while we were in there. The kids loved going around the tunnels of the meerkats and touching the sting rays.



The kids had fun playing fetch with the seals too.


Before we left Pittsburgh we stopped at the famous Primanti Brothers restaurant and had some sandwiches and then we headed back home. 



For New Years Eve we hired 2 babysitters and left the kids and went out to Cheddars and to see MI:4.  We came home and played Knights and I ate my last bowl of ice cream for 6 weeks.  We tried a new kind, Blue Bunny Red Carpet Red Velvet Cake... yummy!  It may come close to taking over my favorite ice cream.  Great night, great company, great way to ring in the new year! 

No comments: