Time has really gotten away from me and I find myself wanting to lay down, put my feet up and read then sit at the computer to update our family happenings. So here is the mother load of what happened in the month of May!
We started finishing our basement
The 2 pictures on the top are the before and the bottom 3 are after the framing was done. We now have the plumbing done and the electrical will hopefully start next week. We are hoping to have it all done by the end of the summer giving our wonderful guests that come help me out with the baby somewhere nice to sleep with their own bathroom!!
Oaks & Derby
Josh was given the opportunity to work during the Oaks & Kentucky Derby. We thought that it would be a great opportunity to experience and the extra cash would help with doing the basement. He got trained on all the different ways of betting and how to use the machine. He had to bring his own stool if he wanted to sit down, and wasn't able to watch any of the races since people are constantly coming up to make bets. If there was a break he was trying to eat. His view is the top right picture from his seat and the bottom right was looking down at where he worked. He had a lot of fun, and made over $100 in tips, He said that he would do it again next year.
Girls Weekend
I left shortly after the Derby to go out to Utah to spend some time with my Mom & sisters. We spent most of our time together shopping, wearing my Mom out, eating & having fun.I was SO EXCITED when my Mom told me that my family was going to be doing their annual bingo party while I was there. I REALLY miss going to them and hope that one day I can take my kids to one so they can see the "real" way to play bingo! It was great to see my aunts and uncle, Grandpa & a lot of my cousins.
I also was able to squeeze in a short visit with my sister-in-law and family, it was so good to see my nephews and how big they have grown. I really enjoyed my trip this year, wish that it could have been a little longer, but I did miss my family as well. I was able to fly home on Mothers Day.
End of School Fun
Connor and I were able to go to Bryson's preschool for their end of school festival of fun. It was a lot of fun. And I had to get a picture of Bryson with his best bud Paublo. They were the best of friends and I am so sad that they won't be going to the same Elementary school next year.
While I was in Utah Bryson had his Preschool Graduation. I was sad to miss it, but Josh did a great job and took pictures for me and sent them to me so I didn't feel too let out. We loved his teacher, Mrs Jan & her helpers, Mrs Teresa & Mrs Beatty.
Megan also had an award assembly where she was recognized for excellence in reading & music. The boy that Megan has had a crush on for a few years now is on the bottom left picture starting to get cut off. But they have been in the same class for 3 years now and she still thinks he's handsome.
End of Season
Bryson finished up soccer with Josh as his coach. They had a lot of fun together!
Summer Reading Program
At the library they do a summer reading program and they kick it off with a BIG party and it is at our library and the whole county comes. It was fun, but VERY CROWDED!! We got there right when it started and it was already a little hectic. They had characters dressed up which Connor didn't want anything to do with. They had snow cones & a petting zoo. The kids had a blast and it's fun to take them to the library. All summer long they have fun activities for the kids to do and if they finish the reading program then they get to go to a swim party at a local pool & receive a lot of fun coupons.PHEW!!! We made it through May, but June is already in full swing. Hopefully I can keep up.











No comments:
Post a Comment