Monday, June 25, 2007

Millionaire's Row

Josh and I had the privilege to go to Churchill Downs and sit on Millionaire's Row for Josh's work party. We learned about horse racing and about betting on the races. It was fun to pick a horse and watch it run and see if your horse comes in first, and since we don't bet we didn't have to worry about losing anything if our horse didn't come in first. But it was really fun and a big rush when it is the stretch before the finish line and everyone is yelling for their horse to win. You could always tell who won and who lost after the race was over. I never thought that I would get into horse racing, but I guess it becomes a part of you when you live in Kentucky!

Out on the balcony to watch the race, check out that view!
The horses look really small from way up here!

Inside where you eat and do your betting.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE these pictures of you guys! You both look great! This is a totally different view of church hill downs then when we went. It looks amazing!

Jess

Frampton Family said...

You two must of had so much fun. I have always wanted to go to a horse show. It reminds me of "Pretty Women". Don't worry, I saw it on T.V one day and loved it.