Friday, April 18, 2008
Where do we Live???
This morning Josh wakes me up to say good-bye before he heads off to work and he asks me if I felt the earthquake last night? My thought process... earthquake? Are you joking, is this an April Fools joke (since my parents played one us when we were younger telling us that there was an earthquake) Then he tells me that he woke up to the bed shaking and some pictures knocking on the wall. So about this point I think that he is joking and really am not believing him. We live in Kentucky, not California. So to prove his point he turns on the TV and the news is talking about a 5.4 earthquake that hit last night at about 5:40 in Indianapolis and said that shock waves were felt all the way to New York. Not much damage happened around here, a couple of bricks and a chimney fell down on a couple of buildings downtown, but we are fine here, my pictures didn't even need straightening. I just hope that there won't be any long term damage to our foundation. Who would have thought that my first earthquake would have been in Kentucky?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love that you didn't feel it...You must be a knock out sleeper!! Glad everything is okay though.
I heard about that on the news this morning. That's crazy you guys had an earthquake! I'm glad that you guys are okay.
All the action happened after I left!! We heard about it on the news this morning. Glad you are all in one piece.
Wow! I've never felt an earthquake before either, so I'd be pretty bummed if I slept right through it.
Post a Comment