Saturday, July 05, 2008

4th of July

Our 4th of July this year was fun, we had some great activities to attend. The Branch Flag Raising Ceremony & breakfast... which we missed the flag raising since the kids slept late and we didn't set an alarm, so we just got breakfast, and then in the evening we had a BBQ at our friends house that just moved into our neighborhood (Yeah!) It rained on us pretty good, making it quite the adventure to BBQ outside. It stopped later so we decided to go and light some fireworks out front, and of course it started to rain on us again, but only for a little while so we were able to get some fireworks off. Megan really didn't like the sound of the fireworks, and would always stand further back then everyone else while plugging her ears. At a time we couldn't find her but found her up at the house peeking out the window watching.
Bryson on the other hand loved watching the fireworks, he kept making this cute face (above picture: bottom left) He just couldn't get enough.
After lighting our own fireworks we headed over to the county firework show and arrived just in time for them to start with a great view. We had a great 4th of July, but I always seem to miss home this time of year.

July 1st my little sister, Tosha, celebrated her 16th birthday, then on the 4th we usually wake up early to watch the balloon race, go to the parade, go back home to my parent's house and have a BBQ with my cousins on my Dad's side of the family, and then enjoy the fireworks from the Stadium of Fire. Then July 5th we celebrate my older sister, Jessica's, birthday. It is always a fun filled week, I am sad that I missed it this year. Happy Birthday to my 2 wonderful sisters, I wish that I could be there to celebrate!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Kjerstin and I were talking about missing you this year. We had a very fun 4th of July but we would have LOVE to have you there with us! Sounds like you had a pretty eventful day with rain, fireworks and breakfast! Thanks for the birthday shout out! Love you!

Daren said...

It's been years, and you guys looks as good as when I last saw you.

KY is not the east coast when you live on Long Island like we do..we found you guys through morgs and danny.

Hope all is well.

Jessica said...

So I just noticed that Bryson is wearing the shirt that I bought him to match James. So cute! I'm happy he wears it!