Tuesday, July 01, 2008
Dooms Day
Today was "Dooms Day" for us. It was the first day of dental school and Josh headed down to check it out and to see if everyone that had accepted a spot into the dental school would show up... and they all did. SO... now he will put "Plan E" in effect and apply for the Masters in Biology and put his application in to reapply for dental school for the 2009 year. Josh put up a very good fight and the school never really had a good answer to why he didn't get accepted besides diversity. Diversity, shmiversity. Josh is going to make an EXCELLENT dentist some day, they are just delaying him from his dream. It is just REALLY hard when your dream is put into someone else's hands and there is nothing you can do about it. Beg, kiss butt & annoy them with phone calls were some of the tactics Josh tried, but those didn't work. So now he will put his application in again and wait till December 1st to see if he gets accepted. Wish Josh luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You did everything you could possibly do so don't give up. We know it will happen eventually. On to the next step in getting things together for the application process. Let's bombard them with letters of recomendation from EVERYONE you know!!
I admire Josh for not giving up and you for being so supportive. I agree with Linda. You've done everything you can do, so don't give up. I hate the whole diversity issue. I think it should be about letting the most qualified people into the school. Anyways. Good luck :)
Hang in there and stay strong. I love and think about you all the time. Keep fighting....perseverance, determination, and holding on to your dreams will only make you stronger and better for the future.
It sounds like you guys are enduring a HUGE trial right now. It seems like you are taking it very well, although I'm sure it is still going to be a very hard night tonight-along with a very hard next couple of months. I hope you and your family get everything you want and more. There has to be some reason Josh is being saved for a later class-you just don't know what that is yet, and that's the hard part! I'm so sorry. Best of luck later this year.
Post a Comment