Megan had her very first sleep over last night at a friends house. It didn't start out too well since I forgot that she was even sleeping over and forgot to bring her pajamas and toothbrush when we went to eat dinner. But of course Megan jumped at the idea of sleeping over since she is a spur of the moment girl. When we were saying our good byes she gives me a hug and a kiss and tells me "I will dream of you tonight momma." Awwwh my heart sunk, that was so sweet. Then she hugs Josh and says the same thing. At home it was a little more quite, but I do have to admit that I did feel a little empty at night knowing that she wasn't in her room.
In the morning I called over there around 9am to find out that Megan and the Dad are the only people awake. I was told that the girls stayed up till 11:oo talking, giggling and keeping each other awake. Then Megan woke up at 6:30, they sent her back to bed but she got back out of bed at 7 to use the bathroom, and tried to wake up her friend. But the parents took her downstairs to watch TV so that she wouldn't wake her friend up. I ended up picking up the girls and taking them to the zoo later that morning to give my friend a break from her long night with the girls. (I brought the camera and even had it around my neck, but didn't end up taking any pictures. oops!) It was a lot of fun listening to them talk, giggle, fight & make up. The best part was when Megan said the prayer for dinner tonight and said, "I love my family, and help Mommy not miss me." (I told her that I missed her last night.) I guess absence really does make the heart grow fonder.
3 comments:
I can't remember how old the kids were when they had their first leep over. That is kind of a bummer that she got up so early in the morning. Don't know if she will be asked to sleep over again after doing that!! So cute that you missed her.
I LOVE that Megan said that to you and Josh. What a sweet little girl. I remember the first time I left somewhere and Steve stayed with the kids and Kylie ran out and gave me a hug and then waved good bye and said I love you Mommy. I teared up! I've always dreamed of the day my child would say that to me. I still can't believe she is old enough to have a sleepover!! WOW!
holy smokes--that makes her sound so grown up! natty is infamous for staying awake for a LONG time, being up at the crack of dawn, and trying to get her friend up early with her, so that sounds very familiar! cute pics at the splash park, by the way!
Post a Comment