Monday, September 01, 2008

Blessings and Trials

We have had a lot of changes happening in our family recently and sometimes I just can't tell if they are blessings or trials. As I have stated before that it has been taking Josh a REALLY long time (at least longer then WE wanted) for Josh to get into dental school, it has been a HUGE trial especially on our patience as we wait, but we still don't know if it really is a hidden blessing. Once Josh didn't get into dental school this year he decided to go back to school and get his masters in Biology. (not what the dental school administration recommended, they told him to just wait, but Josh couldn't do that since he waited for this last year and his application is the same this year as it was last year, and if he didn't get in last year then why would the accept him this year with the same application?? So Josh decided to move forward and continue school.) I think that this is a blessing, even though we are going into debt sooner, but education is always a good thing right? When Josh was making the decision to go back to school he had been presented with a job offer working in our neighborhood for the home owners that built our home. He would just have to sit in the model and talk to people when they would show up to look at houses, and do other odds and ends around the model home like cleaning, then the other 70% of the time he would be able to study, but the only con was that he would be getting paid less. So as he is trying to make this decision, his current employment decides to train him to be a registered dental assistant (RDA) which he has been wanting to do since last July when he didn't get into dental school. With this new job he would be able to work chair side, be able to fill cavities and interact with the patient. They also moved him to an office that was a little bit closer to home. After a lot of thinking about it he decided that working here in the neighborhood would be the best for several reasons... little to no gas money, he can study which then allows for more family time for when he gets home. So Josh started his new job on August 1st and since they sold the model home that they were working out of before they could get the other model home built he has been hanging out at home and getting paid. We have enjoyed this extra time with him besides his short times he had to work by moving signs, going to meetings & turning sprinklers on and off. We figured that this was a wonderful blessing in job change. Josh started his first week of school Aug 26th and feels like it shouldn't be that tough of a semester and hopefully he will get his acceptance letter to dental school December 1st. But I guess things were too good to be true cause on Friday Aug 29th he found out that they were laying off all of the sales assistance in the area and that they would pay him 2 weeks severance for him to find a job. I still don't know if this is suppose to be a blessing or a trial for us. I really don't feel stressed about it, I actually want to take advantage of this time and travel somewhere since he is getting paid, but of course Josh is thinking realistically and knows that we can't spend money since he doesn't know if he'll find a good job by then. I really hope that this turns out to be a blessing. We have really enjoyed having Josh home, Bryson asks for Daddy anytime he's gone since he has gotten so use to Daddy being around. But we would really appreciate your prayers that he may find the perfect job that Josh will be able to go to school, support us & have family time. That job really sounds too good to be true, but maybe we will be blessed!

8 comments:

Julia Kelly said...

I'm sorry to hear this. I'll pray that the right job that comes your way.

Julia Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica said...

We are so sorry to hear about everything your family has gone through the past few weeks. I hope that it will turn out to be a blessing and everything will work out! We love you guys!

Ashly said...

don't you wish we came into this world with a crystal ball? It's one thing to know that everything will work as it should (and it will); but it's a whole other thing to enjoy the ride! hang on tight, my friend... I have no doubt that you *will* be blessed :)

Laura Jansson said...

You all will be in my prayers. I'm so sorry about all of the trials. I completely understand!!! We all have different trials, but believe me, I wonder sometimes if the blessings will really come. But, they always do. Especially since I know that you all are doing your best to get the answers you need. Even though sometimes things don't make sense in the moment, they will make perfect sense later on. Let me know if you need anything :)

Linda Kelly said...

Another rough road to travel. I know you will be blessed with something that comes your way. You always seem to land on your feet. Just get straight A's in your classes and the rest will fall into place.

Anonymous said...

I am sooo sorry to hear about this trial. I am so impressed with your outlook and perspective on life! You two are great! You have always put the right things first and you WILL be blessed! I love you guys and will pray even harder for you!
xoxoxoxoxxo

Tadd & Linda said...

Don't let this get you jaded. It's mentally exhausting thinking about it constantly...for YEARS, and waiting for an answer from dental school over and over, only to be put on a wait list so you can obsess over it a few more months. No one can understand unless you've put yourself through it. You guys are young, and like you said - schooling is never a bad thing. I always hated it when people would point out my blessings when we were going thorough this...or the "well look on the bright side..." remarks, but you guys are blessed. You're such a beautiful family. I love Megan - she's such a little sunshine, and Bryson is so handsome. Things may not work out the way you want them to - but things will work out. :) Really.