I decided to take it upon myself to try and get a picture of Bryson to replace the one that we have up on our wall which is a year old. So I wanted to share what I went through...
We started inside (the wagon wasn't suppose to be there, but I was trying to wing it, that's what photographers do right? Plus it made him happy, no pictures if he is grumpy)
Then we went outside
By the house... really not such a great background
Over here...
Over there.

"What Mom you want me to throw these leaves at you that I am picking off the bushes?"
"OKAY!"
Yeah he thought that it was funny, but yet I still encouraged it trying to capture the "perfect" picture. Even though it was really cute that after he threw the leaves on me he would say "messy" and then brush them off me. But it didn't stop him from doing it again and again.
Say "CHEESE!"
And this ended up being the best one... but still not exactly what I want on my wall. (actually the more I am looking at it it doesn't seem too bad.)
Any tips on how to photograph a child? Especially one that won't hold still.
7 comments:
Seriously Bryson is the CUTEST little boy I have EVER SEEN (well except for my son. lol) I am SO excited to see you guys! HOPEFULLY when I come out we can get some good pictures of the kids! Maybe we can get a shot to replace the one in your house of Bryson, if you decide not to use the one you got already.
Bryson is such a cutie pie. Sometimes half the fun of a photoshoot is all the pics it takes to get "the One". So that is my only advice, take lots of pictures. But really you already do that. That's why I love ya!
I like the shot you have on your blog with him with his hands in his pockets!! Cute little guy, LUVS
Im not an expert by any means and I don't have kids yet to even understand how difficult it must be to get that "perfect" picture. But it is usually better to just capture them in "the moment" rather than trying to "pose" them. He is so cute I'm sure you will find one worthy of hanging on the wall. Good luck! If you want you could check out my friends blog (Stacie) and see how she takes pics of her son...she is really amazing!
Hey Alexis,
I was told by one of my good photographer friends to put your toddlar on bar stool to make him stay put...it may not work with your little guys fear of heights but you could attempt it. Outdoors is the best I think for pictures!
WOW! Bryson is going up sooooo much! He is losing his baby fat and looking like a little handsome boy
That's a good question, but unfortunately I don't have any suggestions because I need to figure it out too! Skye is so squirmy and on the move it makes it so difficult to get pictures of her. I guess I did get lucky enough to get that one cute one of her. So maybe I do have some advice--just keep taking tons of pictures all the time and I bet you'll eventually end up with a great one!
Post a Comment