Thursday, December 11, 2008
Crazy Shopping Experience
A couple of days ago a friend of mine agreed to watch Bryson so that I could go shopping all by myself. Which I was VERY grateful for. This time to myself is very much needed since Josh has gone back to work and since I feel like locking the kids in their rooms at night cause I just don't want to have to deal with them anymore(which, I will admit I have done.) So I was enjoying my trip to the store without any kids fighting, screaming or having to stop and wait for Bryson to catch up, unfortunately probably too much since by the time I was checking out I realized that it was lunch time (the time I said that I was going to pick up Bryson), I still remembered to give the cashier all my coupons and even remembered to buy a $25 gift card so that I could use a coupon to save $3 (We figured that since we shop there every week and spend much more than $25 that why not buy the gift card and save $3.) I was so proud of myself to remember to do this, unfortunately when they rang it up the $3 didn't come off, so she called her manager over and we realized that the coupon was expired (which I did notice before, but 1. this store takes expired coupons & 2. I asked the cashier before using it if it was still good and she said yes.) So then I was off to the service desk to give back the gift card since I only wanted it for the $3. So when I head to the service desk the manager comes over and tells the cashier to just give me the $3 with other mumble jumble store talk. So I give the cashier my receipt and gift card and then she returns it back to me with the $3. I stick it in my purse and I was off. Well, later that night I went to get the receipt and gift card but there was no gift card. I panicked, I started looking EVERYWHERE! I checked all the bags that the groceries were in, the car including trunk, all my pockets, even the diaper bag that I didn't have with me. I am just imagining what Josh would say to me for losing $25. (well really $22 since they gave me $3) So I tried calling the store and every time they transferred me to the service desk no one would pick up. (As a side note this was one of those times that the kids were put into their rooms with the doors shut cause they were fighting over everything and I was stressed and trying to find $25.) This is the time Josh came home, with kids in their bed rooms and I didn't want to talk to him, in fear of him getting upset (why wouldn't he, I lost $22), and me breaking down in tears. After a couple of attempts of not getting through I had to leave to a cookie exchange that I was a little anti-social at since I cried the whole way there and didn't want to break out crying again (sorry friends). Once I returned I tried once more and was able to talk to someone even though I was in tears at this point telling my story to the person over the phone. But lucky for me they did have the gift card and said that they would hold it for me until the next day. I was a little worried since you never know how many "bad people" try and con people saying they left something even though they have it. So really I felt blessed, and a huge relief that we were able to get it back. Josh was pretty shocked that all this was able to happen without any kids, I guess I was just enjoying the peace too much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm so glad that is ended well for you! I hate that feeling of oh, i'm in so much trouble feeling. Did Jacob tell Josh that we want to visit you for a few days during Christmas?? Like we would leave after we open presents on Christmas day and then visit for a few days after?? Let me know if this is ok. :) XOXO
That is so lucky that you were able to get the gift card back. I had that happen once and they wouldn't help me out.
This reminds me of a little story that happened out in Seaside Oregon with you guys. When our camera got left in a taffy store and then stolen. Now that was a lot more than $22. As you know I felt AWFUL and had a good cry in the room while all of you said it was fine but I KNEW that Steve would be upset for a long time. I'm happy that your gift card wasn't stolen. YEAH for happy endings!
Okay, that is so crazy. I am SO glad you eventually found the card.
Post a Comment