Have you ever read the book "Alexander and the Horrible No Good Very Bad Day"? Well that is how I am feeling about my week so far. There has been some good this week and I hate concentrating on the bad, but after one thing to the next happening I just can't help but vent about it. Even though I have already complained about waiting for dental school, it is still on my bad list since we are still waiting. But this week has had a lot of "acidents" if you want to call all of them that, and it is only Wednesday. Bryson and his little friend decided that the laundry detergent would be a fun toy and I don't know what they were doing, pretending like it was snowing or something, but laundry detergant everywhere. My disclaimer, Josh was watching the boys while I showered, plus hearing them laugh was really cute until Josh went down and got mad. But with the good husband that I have he did clean up the mess.
Then today after dinner I decided to cut Bryson's hair since it was getting really long. So just as I was finishing up Megan (totally on acident) knocked over the garbage can full of Bryson's cut hair all over the floor. (Luckily it is cleaning day tomorrow) So after quickly cleaning that up I put Bryson in the tub and asked Megan to watch Bryson while I cleaned up the rest of the hair and changed out of my hairy clothes. The only thing I told her was to make sure he doesn't splash. So while cleaning up I hear Bryson laughing (cute laugh again, I should have seen it coming) I think that they are having fun together. I go to the bathroom and Megan is standing outside of it peeking in and I open the door to a SOAKING WET floor. There was some yelling, and Megan was sent to her room while I cleaned up the mess. This one totally my fault, telling a 5 year old to watch a 2 year old play in a tub full of water. I learned my lesson.
So at this point I am hoping that the rest of the week goes well and I don't know if I want to hear from the dental school this week since everything is going bad.
But on a good note. Josh recieved a new calling to be the Elders Quorm President, I think that that is a good note. So a lot of change will be coming from that. We also will find out if we are having a boy or a girl next week, so I am excited about that. Hopefully things will start going better this week and no more "acidents" will happen, at least the big ones, I can handle the little ones.
4 comments:
yikes...look at it this way...you've had a bunch of fun things to blog about... ?? (did that help??) hope the next 7 days are less "eventful" :)
did I tell you my official guess is GIRL? I know I did...just wanted to reiterate it, so that when I'm right, I can get credit ;)
My kids have TOTALLY done the laundry detergent trick ALL OVER the basement! It was a nightmare! I am praying for you guys about the whole dental school thing!! GOOD LUCK!!
Hope your week goes better. We haven't had the greatest week either. I think you understand why. I hope nothing but good things for the rest of the week.
Congrats on Josh's new calling. That will keep him busy!
I know it was a rough week, but I have to say this cracked me up. It reminds me of that song, you're gonna miss this! We are praying for Josh getting into school.
Post a Comment