Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Trip to Utah

This post has been put off due to the previous post, but now that I feel a little more put back together I figured it was time to post about my and Bryson's trip to Utah.
We were very grateful that we were able to go out to Utah to be there for my Grandma's viewing and funeral, and then stay a little bit longer for some fun with my family and Josh's. Our trip started out not so good when we were delayed on our layover flight in Chicago for 3 hours. I was very fortunate to have had 2 wonderful families to sit and chat with and let our kids play during those 3 hours, 1 of the families actually came from Louisville and the Dad was even in dental school, which to make things even weirder, when I came home they were on my return flights too. But once we arrived in Utah we made it just in time for the viewing that night. The next day was the funeral which was very good. It was fun to listen to all of the funny stories about my Grandma and learn more about her life and what an amazing women she was. I will really strive to be more like her.
So after the business of everything wore down we did a lot of relaxing and just hanging out with family.

We went to Cabelas & the BYU Life Science Museum, to check out the animals.
Went Miniature golfing, which wasn't the best idea. I thought that it would have been better than bowling, but this course is in the dark under black lights. There was a lot of running after kids and chasing balls.
We were also able to be there to celebrate my Mom's birthday, she does not look anywhere close to 48.
Here are some other cute random pictures of our trip.
Before I left to Utah I found out that Josh's cousin, Lauren, was having her mission farewell the weekend I was planning on coming home. So I decided to extend our visit a couple more days so that we could be there for the weekend and be able to hang out with Josh's family. That Saturday we had a fun get together with his family that was in town and played games and watched old family videos. Sunday was Lauren's farewell and not so fun for her, but amazing for us visiting, President Uchtdorf was presiding. That is his home ward, and it was pretty cool to see him in person not on a TV. The only thing that I regret is that my child was being AWFUL. Just to give you an example... he threw a fit when the Sacrament bread came around and he ended up throwing his piece of bread up to the next row. Then screamed once he realized what he did cause he wanted it back. So after taking him out and bringing him back in, I bribed him with candy which kept him quite enough that I could listen to Lauren's talk and then he was screaming and whining so back to the hall we went. Not the best behaved child, but at least I was able to be present.
Overall it was a great trip and we had a lot of fun. It seemed to have gone by so quickly, but we were ready to come home to Josh and Megan, just in time for this crazy weather that we have been having.

4 comments:

Growing Up Skye said...

Sounds like a fun trip! It's made me excited for when I go to visit this summer! Too bad you won't be there then, but maybe someday...!

Julia Kelly said...

Sounds like a fun trip. Its always nice to get away and see family.

mindy said...

HI! I just wanted to say that I'm sorry I wasn't able to come to your party, I found out the day you were having it but due to my baby that doesn't like to take naps i was very looking forward to going to sleep early that night but I'm really sorry I missed you, i would of liked to see you! Congrats on the pregnancy!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for comming out!
You and Bryson being here helped me more than you will ever know! I wish Josh and Megan could have come also I missed them.
There is nothing better than family! Love you sooooooo much