Friday, February 27, 2009

I Want to Talk About ME!

I was tagged by a friend to give 10 honest things about myself, and I thought that this would be a good post to help people hopefully learn something new about me, and also to just journal about for future generations to read. So read it or skip it.

1. I do not like speaking to large crowds. I prefer small groups, unless everyone knows everyone then the group can be a little bigger. But being asked to teach a class or speak in Church terrifies me. I think that I am getting better at it but still would prefer not to do it if I can avoid it.

2. I freak myself out, especially at night, thinking that someone is going to try and break into my house. I always try and convince myself that I am making up noises and that there really isn't anything that any thief would want in our house, but I still think about it and it freaks me out. I even barricade some of my doors. I know I'm a little crazy, I can't wait till I can afford an alarm system I think that I will sleep better. So because of this thing I do not watch scary movies.

3. On a brighter note, I have to always eat something sweet after every meal. And I am horrible, if there isn't anything sweet accessible then I will make something after the kids are in bed, so I don't have to share of course. I think that this is the cause of why I will never lose those "last 10 pounds"... but I think that I am fine with that, most days.

4. I love to plan things out. Josh gets annoyed with it sometimes since I like to know what is going on all the time, but then I like to do spur of the moment things & be surprised. But if I know what is going on I feel a little more in charge.

5. This one kinda goes with the previous but, I have to do things on certain days of the week. Like Tuesday I do my laundry and Thursdays I do my cleaning. Grocery shopping usually happens on Wed, but that one is not set since I like to go grocery shopping with Josh, since he will talk me out of buying things that we don't need, so we go when it works best with his schedule.

6. Even though I clean every week, I really hate doing it and will slack on it sometimes. My toilets, sinks and tubs will get cleaned every week and the floors get swept and vacuumed whenever needed which could be a lot more then once a week, but my confession is that I hate to mop my floor and I won't mop my bathroom floors, Josh does that for me!

7. I would rather clean the dishes after dinner then cook dinner. That's it plain and simple.

8. I have no sense of decorating or fashion. I only wore sandals until my mother-in-law bought me my first pair of hills and I have obtained quite a bit of hills since. As for my home decor, you can thank my husband & mother-in-law for how cute my house looks. I think that I am getting better at both, but still would rather have Josh there when I'm dealing with either of these 2 things.

9. I have a hard time showing my emotions. I don't cry much, but with this pregnancy I have cried a bunch (like 5 times, which is a lot to me). When I am mad I usually just won't talk. I hate the confrontation of yelling. Who likes to yell, or be yelled at?

10. I feel awkward around animals. We tried to have pets growing up but they never stuck around for more then a couple of weeks. So when I am around pets I'm not the first one to want to pet them. I will pet a dog to keep them from licking me or jumping up on me. I feel like I have done alright with Josh's family pets and have grown to love Rusty, but you will never see me kiss them or cuddle them. We talk about getting a dog in the future and I am kind of terrified but excited in hopes that it will help me get over my awkwardness I have with pets.


I tag Tiffany, Jess, Tiffani, Sarah, Linda, Julia & Ashly.

1 comment:

Padilla Fam said...

we have things in common! i don't like to speak in large groups, i have no sense of decor or fashion, and i freak out at night about someone breaking in, and i do not like to cook! i can't wait to hear what you're having! how exciting!