Monday, March 23, 2009
New Phase
I really need some help and advice on what to do with this new phase that Bryson is going through. It started a little over a week ago, and at first I thought that it was just a fluke, but it has happened a few times since and now I am starting to get concerned. So Bryson will now take his pants and diaper off. I don't know why he does this. My first thought was that since we are trying to potty train him, (even though he hasn't actually gone to the bathroom in the toilet yet, we are just talking about it.) I thought that maybe he was taking his clothes off cause he wanted to go potty. But he will take his clothes off and not go to the bathroom, I feel like he is just taking them off to take them off. Plus he never does it around us, it is always in his bedroom or downstairs in the basement. So what do I do? Megan never went through this phase so I am totally clueless on what to do. Any and all advice will help. Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
so what you're saying is that you have a streaker? welcome to my world. until about the last 3 months, lou-lou would run strip down and run around stark nekkid no matter how many times I'd get her dressed back up. Awesome for when pizza delivery guys come to the door, or visiting teachers, or.... ;) oh, right. you wanted advice.... I got nuthin'. wait it out? ;)
Put him in baby sleepers with the zipper up the back that's what we have to do for Jordan. Of course she strips down to go to the bathroom all over the house so at least you don't have that problem.
Well even though James is younger he also did this in his crib. Thanksfully he only did it a few times. I would have him in clothes that would make it difficult to take off and then I switched him and he forgot all about taking his clothes and diaper off. Good luck!
A lot of kids go through this "phase," some more than others. It seems like you or Jess went through a minor phase of this. But that's our little secret. I don't know if you remember David Wilcox. His seemed to last a long time. Later, he also went through the dress-up-like-Mom phase. Sometimes we were treated to a little of both at the same time. Luckily he grew out of it after a couple of years. But it might explain why he's so popular with the girls. I think the Wilcoxes just ignored it. I knew a kid who sucked his thumb all the way through high school because his parents thought he would grow out of it. Bryson probably will grow out of it, but I would suggest being proactive in making him stop sooner than later. I don't think you should let him think it is normal. Perhaps you could secure his diapers with duct tape or a staple gun. Maybe he's just tired of the restriction clothes seem to create. But look at the positive, if he doesn't grow out of it, you could save a ton on clothes. Good luck.
Don't worry, this too shall pass!! All little boys love to run around naked, well, even some BIG boys like to run around naked but they will be put in jail for that sort of thing!!!!! Bryson is just trying to be a big boy and take his clothes off and on. You might let him pick out his clothes and let him put them on himself and then maybe he won't want to take them off. (NOT!)
Trying to be optimistic because I have no advice; just be glad that he is able to take his clothes off...that is a critical milestone-Go Bryson!
Post a Comment