Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Crafty


I wouldn't call myself the crafty type. I love to do crafty things but I need instructions and a picture to go with it, and usually someone next to me correcting me when I do it wrong. So this project I am very proud of since it is my first, on my own (with some helpful hints from a friend) something that I thought of, but I put everything together. I wanted something springy to brighten up our house a bit, so here it is.
`
`
Something to look froward to in the future... we were given some furniture from a family in our ward and we or I will have to sand and paint the chest of drawers and night stand. I'm looking forward to another project but have no clue where to start. Any pointers?
`
`
Also some other news, not related to being crafty. Josh has finished working at Costco and is now back in a dental office working in a place that he loves. It is taking a little adjusting to. He leaves in the morning, (which has been hard on Bryson and I... me since I have to get up earlier now... and Bryson since Dad can't stay and play with him) and is home by dinner which we love, he will have 3 day weekends most of the month but will work a couple Fridays and 1 Saturdays a month. We are very grateful for this opportunity and change in our life. I LOVE sending him to work knowing that he is loving what he is doing and is learning more and more each day. We just hope that this job ends with the start of his dental schooling. Still crossing our fingers!

7 comments:

Tiffany Gremmert said...

The flowers look great! You did a good job!

Jessica said...

Way to go Lex. I am very impressed. Mom would be proud. lol

Linda Kelly said...

Love the bright flowers and the cute polka dot pot!! That puts a smile on my face for sure. I am glad Josh is finally doing what he loves again and is learning and preparing himself to be the best dental student they will ever have in their school!!

Mom N said...

good job honey, the flower pot looks really good. I love the flower choice and the pot is really cute. you should be proud it looks great. If you look in the FHE manual it has a page on flower arranging.cool huh?

Laura Jansson said...

The flowers and pot look so cute! And, I'm glad that Josh is doing what he loves again! Good for you guys--you deserve it :) I hope that dental school is the next step now!

Tadd & Linda said...

Beautiful Spring flowers! You did a great job. We'll miss seeing Josh at Costco. We always look for him there, but it's good to hear he's back where he'd like to be.

Bryson looked so handsome on Sunday. And I wanted to tell you, when Sis. Jones and I got done cutting a bunch of stuff out in the nursery, he walked over without us asking or saying anything, and picked up all the scraps and put them in the trash. I love your kids. They're so helpful and sweet.

Mike and Christy said...

So Linda showed me a blog where a lady does the coolest things with furniture and tells step by step how to. you get to the blog from Cody and Aubree's (the luke family) and then look under joys of home. You will love it!