The mini-marathon went pretty well even though it was really warm. I ended up running the 13.1 mile course in 1:51:49. That time was pretty close to what I wanted to do. That is a 8:33/mile pace for those wondering. My training wasn't the best so I am satisfied with the results. The only thing I wish I would have done differently was hydrated myself better before the race. It was hotter than normal, and I was begging for water after the 8 mile mark. Once I hit the 9 mile mark the course got really hot and the water stations seemed to be too far apart. Anyway, the last 3 miles were brutal and when I crossed the finish line I told myself that was one of the hardest things I have ever done and I don't think I will do this again. Later that day, after a nap, I felt like I would probably do it again but hope to have someone to run with because it is really hard to stay motivated during a race that long and hot. The pictures of me with the kids is at the half-way point in the course and I was still feeling good. For those who don't know why I did this...it was for the MEDAL. Last year I ran a 10 mile race and didn't recieve anything for it. I told myself, "I can run 3 miles further...I want a medal." So I signed up to run the mini-marathon to get the medal...which is actually pretty nice looking.
9 comments:
Nice job, Josh. Impressive. I agree, it is a cool medal.
Sign me up bro. I'll run one with you. I have been running about five miles 3x a week. I just need to up it a little and I'll be ready.
Way to go Josh! You made really good time. I hope it was well worth the medal :)
Maybe next year I'll run it with you and Alexis. I want to step up my running after I have the baby in september. You and Alexis can come to Morgantown and run our mini next June....i don't think I'm up for a mini this June. :)
Great job though! And good time too!
Wow Josh, I can't believe you ran a mini marathon. I am sure that next year you will have Alexis to run with you and it will be easier to have her by your side!! You had a fantastic time for not training much. I didn't realize I had raised a family of runners!! I thought Matt was the only runner but I sure have not seen any running pictures on his blog lately!!
I think we should all pick a location to do a family race. We all sign up and train and run all in the same race. I'll do it!! Now that you have done a mini why not go for a full! I think I would do it again if I had someone to do it with. I will take a mini too!!
Oh I forgot to say. Awesome time!! What did you place in your division?
Way to go Josh!
As I was reading this, I thought Alexis was writing and I was thinking, why is Alexis running a 1/3 marathon pregnant...I was relieved that it was Josh. Congratulations!
Post a Comment