Saturday, August 01, 2009

Going Crazy


So the picture has nothing to do with the title, just a cute updated picture of our little boy. But I have been going crazy lately which is why there have been no new posts and it may take me a little while before I can get my life back together as I adjust to having 3 kids, 2 of which are bored cause all their mom wants to do is sleep since she doesn't get much anymore. We do have Josh's Mom coming to stay with us for a little while which we are looking forward to. But sorry for not posting any more pictures of our little fella, I will get around to it sometime and post all about my family being here, until then, I hope all is well with everyone else, and if anyone has any advice to adjusting to 3 kids I would LOVE it!

10 comments:

Allie said...

Amen, sista! How do people do it with 3 children?! I am going crazy too! I am soooo glad to hear that I'm not the only one. Imagine moving to a new place and not knowing anyone and not having any friends to take the older 2 children! I think that's the best idea, by the way, send the older kids to play at a friends house while you take a nap:) And hopefully your mother in law will give you a break soon! Good luck, I feel for you and I'm thinking about ya!

The Kelly Family said...

I'm glad that Linda is going to come help you. I think 3 was the hardest transition to make. The first couple months are the hardest but it gets easier. I promise. Once Connor gets on a feeding schedule and eats faster and goes longer in between feedings and starts to wake up less in the middle of the night, and Megan and Bryson will adjust and become more independent and maybe even more helpful. It will always be crazy, but you'll get used to it. Hang in there :) Connor is really cute! Congrats!

Laura Jansson said...

I don't know about having 3 kids, but I do know that you're a strong woman, and a great mom, so I know you'll work it all out. Hugs! :)

Growing Up Skye said...

That picture of Connor is soooo cute! I hear the third child is where it really starts to get hard. I can barely handle my one crazy, active, always-on-the-go child so you are already doing better than me! You are awesome and I'm sure time will settle things down soon!

Sarah said...

The best thing I've done yet is to lower my expectations for myself. Sounds sad, but so true. If I can stay sane, but the house is not as clean as usual...so what! I'm also learning to be REALLy specific to my sweet husband about how I need him to help.

Good luck! Wish we lived closer so your kids could come play while you take a nap :)

Renee said...

Well for me the crazy never stop, just changes to different kinds of crazy! Your kids are cute, congrats on you new little guy he is soooo darling!

Jessica said...

AWWW I LOVE pictures!! He is so cute! He has already gotten so big. I am SO EXCITED to come out and see him, hold him and kiss him! I can't believe it's a week away. I hope we can help when we come out. Let us know what we can do when we come. love you!!

Shumster said...

We found that with each kid the baby gets less and less attention and the older kids get better at trying to do things themselves. Rex loves to play in his crib so we just let him and kind of ignore him unless he needs something. Sad I know. The biggest adjustment was trying to take all three let alone now four kids places. People look at us like we are crazy. We live in LA where most couples can't even take care of a dog let alone 4 kids. Just give it time and if stuff seems like it's falling apart just remember it's a marathon and you can always pick up the pace later in the race so start slow.

Julia Kelly said...

I have no advice, but have enjoyed reading other's advice! I'll need it soon! :)

Shumster said...

OK so Tyson has almost no clue what I do each day. Rex is in no way ignored but he does play well by himself when I need him to. Thank You Rex :) Some days potty training Jordan and feeding Rex is about as hard has can be. Some days Zane getting into everything when I am busy is out of control and Makenna does her best to help out but she gets frustrated and then hurts the kids which then makes another problem to deal with. Sometimes I feel like all day long I am going from one thing to the next. Fixing this, cleaning that but WOW OH WOW I would not change this crazy life that I live that is for sure. Each kid is so much fun and so special to me. I loved that Tyson said it is like a marathon because sometimes at the end of the day I feel like I have ran just that far. The thing that keeps my spirits up is just taking advantage of the few hours that I do have alone. Naps and bed time are "me time" I knit or read a book or I have even taken a nice long shower use a good smelling body wash and listened to relaxing music too. Also remember that it is just like starting a new job, at first you have all these new things to learn and it feels like a lot but you will get the hang of it and find a way to make it all work. The baby will sleep more at night soon and Megan will be in school soon so things will slow down a bit. Hang in there :)