Sunday, February 28, 2010

Improvements & Accomplishments

Things that happened this week: Connor started drinking from a bottle! This is a double yeah! Now I can feel a little more at ease leaving him with a babysitter, and it also gives me a break from one feeding a day. It's amazing what one less feeding does.
Megan & Bryson had their last swim lesson for this session, but will be doing 1 more month of swimming lessons before they start their soccer season. Here's Connor and Daddy cheering the kids on at their lessons.

At swim lessons Megan has mastered going up and down the pole. This has become her favorite thing to do at swim lessons.

We are so proud of Bryson this week! He went potty in the toilet twice this week, once by himself without any help! He seems to be getting a little more comfortable with wearing his big boys, but I don't feel like this long battle of potty training is ending any time soon. It usually is a battle to put the big boys on in the morning, but once they are on he's fine.

Josh and I also went in for our first eye exams. It was a crazy experience and we both came out of there getting fitted for some frames. Yes, we both need to get glasses. I feel a little weird having to get glasses. At least we are past the grade school teasing of "four eyes" and luckily neither of us are that bad off and have to wear them all day. I am near sighted and Josh is far sighted... the perfect pair! I'll have to post a picture once our glasses come in. (That really sounds weird to me. I thought that I wouldn't ever need glasses till I was "old")

Josh also scheduled his DAT for Thursday March 11th. So PLEASE PLEASE keep him in your prayers. We hope that he will perform well on the test so that he will be able to have good options if U of L doesn't accept him this year. Of course we really hope that he will score good and that U of L will accept him and end this constant repeat we have been living in. But if not he will be applying to multiple schools next year for possibly the last time. But we don't want to think about that yet. We are thinking positive and hoping for the best. Josh has been studying really hard and really deserves the best.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I need the step by step tutorial on how to get a baby on a bottle--sounds heavenly!

What kind of frames did you get? I need new ones...just sat on mine this week and broke them...er!

Mike and Christy said...

I got fitted for glasses last year for my birthday but haven't gotten used to wearing them everyday. Once school starts though I'm planning on wearing them full time. It really is amazing how much of a difference it makes. It's just a new habit you have to get used to.

Kristin Rose said...

Best of Luck with the DAT Josh. We will pray for. Also we should have everyone do a family fast on Sunday for him. You can do it! Love you guys!

Linda Kelly said...

Family fast on Sunday is a great idea since it is fast Sunday. We will pray for your brain to recall all the knowledge you need to get a great score. U of L will not have any excuse to not let you in after all of this! Glad to see all of the kids are loving the swimming pool. Glasses should be fun. I have to wear them to see all the time but not when I drive. Hugs and Kisses to all

Jessica said...

Kylie keeps saying that she wants to take swim lessons like Megan and to do the pole at the pool. I keep telling her that our pools don't have poles. She gets so bummed out about it. :( I REALLY need to put my kids in swim lessons.