Saturday, February 13, 2010

Parent Swap

This past week we played a version of Parent swap. Josh went out to California to go skiing with his Dad and my Mom came out here to hang out with us.

My Mom came in town prepared to play with the kids. She brought so many fun things for the kids to do that they always had something to do. They did plenty of crafts and pictures and read lots of books. They had so much fun with Grandma we didn't want her to go home.
On one of the days my Mom was here we surprised Megan at school with lunch. She was so excited and it was fun to eat with her.


The next day we were snowed in and had a snow day. We received about 8 in of snow and the kids had a blast playing in it. Megan made her first snow man...
Went sledding out in the neighborhood...
My Mom even went to work and shoveled for us.

It was nice that Megan got 2 snow days while Grandma was here so she could hang out with Grandma more. When the kids were sleeping my Mom and I enjoyed watching movies, talking and watching a family history video that my Grandpa had made about our ancestors.
We LOVED having Grandma here and the kids all loved playing with Grandma. We really miss having family close, so getting 4 days with family was amazing.
Thanks Mom for coming out and making the time without Josh memorable


Josh's Ski Trip
Josh was very excited to be able to accompany his Dad on his yearly ski trip to Lake Tahoe. Their first day skiing they had gotten 6-10 inches of fresh snow and had a GREAT time skiing the fresh powder. The next 2 days they spent their days skiing and the nights sitting in the hot tub.
Before he left I kept bugging him to make sure that they took pictures. So I realistically thinking that I was going to get 1 maybe 2 pictures. So I just want to say THANK YOU to Josh's Dad for actually taking more than 2 pictures... and he even got some videos. Thank you!!



The kids and I were so excited to pick Josh up from the airport. There was several times that the kids would ask where Daddy was. Bryson I think had the hardest time. One night when we were reading scriptures with Grandma, we had finished reading and Grandma said "The End." and Bryson said... "No it's Daddy's turn!" So then I asked him where Daddy was. He then looked around and realized that Daddy wasn't there. Connor was really cute when he saw Daddy, he had to keep looking at him. It's like he realized that he knew who this person was but hadn't seen him for awhile, so he just kept staring at him.
So we were really excited to have Daddy home and back to our normal routine. But we were sad to say good-bye to Grandma. Thanks to everyone for making this happen, My brother and Sister for helping with the business so that Mom could come out. And thanks to Josh's Dad for taking him skiing with you to give a well deserved break from all of his hard work.

4 comments:

Linda Kelly said...

Mott canyon, first tracks! The skiing was great and I was so glad that Josh could come and play with Sid so I could stay home and help with the new baby in the house. Sid had a great time and looks like your mom did a great job of entertaining the kiddos while he was gone. Nothing like grandma to spoil them and leave them!!

Tiffany Gremmert said...

still jealous.

Laura Jansson said...

How fun to have your mom here for a while! And how wonderful for Josh to have a little time off with his dad, too! I love the picture of he and the kids where Connor is staring at him like, "Hmmm, I think I remember this guy..." ha ha...

Mom N said...

I had sooooo much fun with all of you! What a fun family you have!
I look forward to doing it again!
I miss all of you!
Thanks for all the great memories!
Love you soooo much!
Mom N xoxoxo