Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Doing Good

I started a good jar, oh about 9 months ago (I got the idea from one of my friends) so that I can recognize the good things that Megan is doing, and as she fills it up she earns different rewards. She got the ice cream, and then this one she got to go to the movie theater and watch a movie. So we made a big deal about it and let her get popcorn, and we went and saw Horton Hears a Who, she really wanted to see Kung Fu Panda (I think that is what it is called) since it previews on movies that she watches, but I don't think it out yet. So I wanted to ask you guys what you do to reward your kids? I have a really hard time remember to recognize her good behavior, I would LOVE to have some tips.

3 comments:

Padilla Fam said...

hey alexis! maybe i didn't make myself clear but i was wondering how you put your pictures in blocks/collage like you have them on your blog?

Sarah said...

How cute! We're at that same stage and just started a new motivation "game". She's earning popsicle sticks each time she's caught being good and finishes her chore chart etc. Then she uses them like money to buy things in her "treasure box". (I'm sure I'll be blogging about it soon. She's VERY excited about it!)

But the rewards cost from 5 sticks all the way to 40 sticks. A little bit of candy, feeding the ducks outing, movie date, sleepover at Mema's , a puzzle and some garden gloves are some of the prizes. I would love more ideas too...because I love the free outing type ideas!

I've been keeping the sticks in my pocket at all times and all I have to do is wave one at her and she straightens up. We'll see how long this lasts.

Julia Kelly said...

i like that idea...i might just have to borrow that one.