Plan A: Apply to dental school.
Plan B: Move to California, work in dental office and apply to dental school.
Plan C: Move to Kentucky, work in dental office and apply to dental school.
Plan D: Buy a home in Kentucky and apply to dental school.
Josh is still on the "Waiting List" to get into school this year (which starts July 1st) but he had a meeting with two of the women in charge at the dental school, and it is not looking good. They told him to not re-apply until after July 1st just in case a spot opens up. So we are still crossing our fingers and saying our prayers that someone will drop out so that a spot will open up for him. But if not...
PLAN E: Apply for the Masters program (most likely Biology) and start that in the fall, and reapply to just the University of Louisville.
After completing a year in his Masters and IF he doesn't get in AGAIN (which I don't see why he hasn't gotten in by now, he is perfect for the job, he has the passion, the commitment, & determination to do it. Plus he is smart and just has amazing hand skills.) then...
Plan F: Apply to a ton of schools with fresh grades to show them what a great student he is.
But we are stilling hoping Plan D will work. So please keep him in your prayers, hey and you could even send a nice letter to the school in his behalf of what a wonderful guy he is and how lucky they would be to have him in his school.
This really has been a very long and hard process for us, especially for Josh, and we really appreciate your love and support through it all. Thanks!
15 comments:
If the school put him on the waiting list last year, he shouldn't have to wait another year. He should be getting in NOW. We really admire your tenacity and we'll keep you guys in our prayers.
we so know how you feel. :) keep thinking positive.
Thanks for the update. I was just thinking about you guys last night. Hopefully, this will be the year. And we definitely are praying for you guys.
Alexis, give us the address to send letters and everyone you know needs to send a letter to the school and bombard them!! All the family and all the people at Sid's office can write one and then they would know how PASSIONATE he is about getting into school.
Alexis: Better yet, send us the email to the dean of admissions and we can send emails too!!
Here is the website of U of L Dental with the contact info... http://louisville.edu/dental/contact/
I didn't know you guys had gone through so much! It must be nerve racking every year he doesn't get accepted. Gary's brother and his wife didn't get accepted the first year they tried but they just moved last month to go to dental school in Kentucky so maybe you guys are neighbors. Their other plan was the school in Las Vegas. I've heard that one is good, and it would be closer to home. Best of luck-I hope things work out.
I'm so impressed with your determination. You guys are awesome. I know EXACTLY what you're going through, and although your blog has a very positive spin, I know that your heart is breaking, and you are very discouraged. I think your future plans sound great. I'm sure a Masters will give him the edge he needs -- it's just such a competitive field to be in right now that even the best (like our husbands) are getting passed over. Losers at U of L. They don't know what they're missing!
Ok, I don't know what I was talking about earlier. I thought they were in Kentucky but then I just looked at their blog and it says Omaha, Nebraska. Whoops! That would have been fun for you guys to get together. Dang it!
How aggrevating for you guys! Keep positive though and we will definately be praying for you guys!
It is about time that you guys got a break!! This is the year...we hope. I am sure the pressure and anxiety is unbearable, hang in there!
Hang in there Bro. We are praying for you.
Good luck - you guys are amazing and have the determination that we all need to have in life! Good for you!
Alexis-
Have Josh email me. I have a plan to get him into ULSD... Janae and I were wondering what his status was for this year. ejence01@gwise.louisville.edu
Hope you guys are doing well in LaGrange.
We are still praying for your family. This has been a really hard thing for you to go through my heart goes out to you. But I am impressed with you two. Your great!
Love Mom N
xoxo
Post a Comment