Thursday, July 17, 2008

Bunco

I have been part of a "Neighborhood" Bunco group, which really is more my neighbor across the street, her Mom, sister & daughter, a couple other ladies in the neighborhood and then some friends. I have been putting off hosting for a few reasons, but one is that my kids go to bed before it ends, and now that I totally avoid my kids cause I am cooking all day. But I think that over all it turned out well. We had a great time, my cinnabon rolls were a hit (which took me ALL day to cook) and now I have a lot of left overs that I have been eating the last couple of days.

I made chocolate chips cookies, rice krispie treats, 7 layer dip, cinnabon rolls, vegi pizza & a raspberry lemonade drink. Then I purchased brownie bites, rolls & BBQ shredded pork. I had one of my neighbors ask me if she was going to get drunk when she drank my drink. I had to tell her that she wouldn't since I didn't drink alcohol. She was a little disappointed, but I think that everyone had a fun time, there was a lot of talking, laughing & joking. I do have to also mention what a wonderful daughter I have who put up with me cooking in the kitchen all day, and would help me out by playing with Bryson, cleaning chairs and even vacuuming. Definitely one of those days that I would NOT sell her!

3 comments:

Nic & Kandis said...

Yum! All that food looks amazing. And I must applaud you for even making home made goodies instead of cheating and going to the store when you have two little ones at home wanting your full attention all day long.

Jessica said...

Again I agree with Kandis I would have not spent all day making stuff I would have totally cheated! I hope that your guests appreciated all of the hard work that you put into your party.

Linda Kelly said...

I would have totally done a Sam's club run and called it "good". Your food looks amazing!! Can't believe all you had for those old ladies to eat(hee hee) Glad you made such a great impressions of Mormons!!