Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Landscape Facelift

With Josh's Mom in town we decided to use her expertise to help us pick out plants to put in our yard. So we spent a couple days with her in town working on getting plants and planting them in the ground. Then Josh and I spent 2 more days finishing it all after she had left. So here are the pictures...

Around the mailbox BEFORE

Working to get the dirt ready for the flowers, notice our BIG problem that we had to work around... the rock (dah dah dah)

All the bulbs of red tulips and blanda blue ground flowers all around the edge.

The mailbox AFTER (Hopefully the flowers will bloom in spring and I can show you a really pretty picture of the flowers)

Next we moved on to the front of the house. This picture was taken in the spring, but gives you the idea of what it looked like BEFORE. After pulling out all the plants that were there we placed the plants where they were going to go.After 2 more days of hard work this is what it looked like...
Here are the flowers we added to the side of the house.Our front flower bed
We also added more tulips up here, to the left of the daisies (my favorite)
And we added more tulips in front of the shrub bushes.
Eventually we want to expand it back further down the side of the house, but this is it for now.
After lots of hard work, sore muscles, rocks, top soil, flowers, shrubs, bushes, bulbs, mulch and many trips to Lowe's, we are finished and we can't wait to see everything in bloom!
Thanks Mom Kelly!

7 comments:

Ashly said...

wow! that looks great! good job :)

Kristin Rose said...

That looks great. It is amazing what a yard can do to the curb appeal of the house. It looks great. Can't wait to see pictures of it in the Spring.

Sarah said...

Looks amazing!

Julia Kelly said...

Wow! I love it! Our house needs a Mom Kelly make over as well! :) I bet it will look just beautiful in Spring.

Linda Kelly said...

It looks wonderful. I know how hard that was to finish after I left. The ground was pure clay and the rocks were impossible!! All that top soil and mulch will make a great foundation for your plants. Can't wait to see it in the spring!! What do the neighbors think???

Anonymous said...

The plants look so good!
Good job on all the hard work!
I too need a Linda Kelly makeover

Shanda said...

Wow! That looks beautiful! Nice landscaping!