Thursday, November 20, 2008

He's Gone and Done it!

Today is Josh's first day of work. I have so many mixed feelings about it. I am excited that he finally is employed, but yet sad that he won't be around anymore. He has been home since August hanging around the house. At times I didn't like him being home all the time since he was taking my "me" time that I had during Bryson's nap, even tho it was nice to hang out with him (at least the 1st month). But I loved the "perks" of him making dinner, being able to spend more time with the kids, grocery shopping together, being able to leave in the middle of the day without a kid, and being able to go to the gym in the mornings instead of the evenings. So really the "perks" out weigh the "me" time since I really got more time to do things that I wanted to do.
So he has been waiting on this job for awhile since it was actually the first job that he applied to once he lost his job. Once he finally interviewed with them he was informed that this would be a seasonal job. We were a little bummed since we wanted to go out of town for Thanksgiving and since it is seasonal you can't ask for time off during the Holiday, but we thought we would chance him getting a good shift and we could be gone for Thanksgiving. Well the weeks went by and we didn't hear from them, but we decided to not bother them since the closer to Thanksgiving it was the more likely he would be able to go out of town. Then the call came this week wanting him to do orientation today. We thought long and hard if he should take the job since he has a presentation and paper due in school at the beginning of Dec, and we were already making plans to leave for Thanksgiving. Instead he decided to present his situation to the company and let them know that we had already made plans to leave for Thanksgiving, and that he wouldn't be able to start work until December, and let them decide. So he called today after talking to the company about his situation and said that they are fine with him going out of town, since they took awhile to contact him, and will start him working in December. Yeah!! At least I thought that for a second, until I realized that he is going to be working... away from home... I will have to take care of the kids all my my lonesome... he will have to work nights (most likely)... which means x-mas parties, birthdays and nights will be spent without him (I really hope that that's not true). So I really don't know how I feel. I know we have been lucky to spend so much time together, for him to be able to concentrate on his school work and do well in his classes, but why does he have to go back to work? I guess he had to do this sooner or later. At least this is just until January, but then the job hunt starts all over again, grrrr.

2 comments:

Tiffani said...

Work is a bummer isn't it??

Stacie said...

Really this IS a good thing, but it sure is nice to have them around isn't it? Where will he be working?