Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Marriage?

While Megan is talking to Josh on the phone she says: "Dad I am going to marry Alex, we are going to get married and we are going to kiss."
(Side note: Alex is the little boy that Megan ran up to and hugged while we were at the school reading night last week.)
I don't know what Josh said, but later we are talking to her while we were making dinner and she said...
Megan: Can you write a note to the bus driver so that I can get off the bus with Alex?
Me: Why would you want to go to Alex's house, I don't know his parents?
Megan: I told him my phone number so that he could call me.
Me: Then why don't you wait for him to call you.
Megan: We are going to get married, we love each other.
Me: He told you that he loves you.
Megan: Yes, and I told him that I love him.
Me: So have you kissed him?
Megan: No, you don't kiss until you are married.
Me: Yes, that is right. So when are you going to get married?
Megan: When we are 55... no 27.
Me: Okay, where are you going to get married?
Megan: The temple, where you and Dad got married.

At least she has a couple things right, no kissing until you are married, wait till you are 27, and get married in the temple.

8 comments:

Ashly said...

hi-lar-ee-us. that girl is a kick. "55....no, 27." rofl here. love it :)

Laura Jansson said...

I'm with Ashly, hilarious! Megan cracks me up! You've obviously taught her well, though-- nice work! :)

JACK!E said...

I love reading kid stories like that. It is so funny if it isn't you who is stuck answering the hard questions. I am a little scared for that day, and I know its coming. LOL

Julia Kelly said...

like you said, at least she has a few of the important things down! aren't girls fun?? what are we getting ourselves into? :)

Tiffany Gremmert said...

That is so adorable. She is a little heart breaker. I think it is funny she wanted to get off the bus with him. You better watch that girl!

Tosha said...

that is the cutest thing ever! haha, her first crush. you're gonna have to write that in her journal. that's something to tease her about when she's older. awww... alex and megan! so cute! glad she's not getting married till she's 55... no 27 :P

ABC'S OF OUR FAMILY said...

THAT IS SO CUTE!!!! I love it! I'm sure you don't as a mom though. I will die when Kylie starts to say stuff like that. It's still sort of cute. I'm glad she knows not to kiss until she is 27 and get married in the temple! Good job!

Tadd & Linda said...

She's soooooo cute. That girl is the most loving little thing. I hope Alex knows how lucky he is!