Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Unexpected "To do list" Item
Yesterday I started my day off to try and get a lot of stuff done so that I would have less stuff to do on Christmas Eve. I started the laundry and when I went downstairs to switch it this is what I found...
Carpet soaked, and the floor with puddles everywhere. We don't know what happened but it took us the rest of the morning to clean it up, and put me behind on my to do list. I'm just grateful that Josh hadn't left to work yet so that he could help me out. After inspecting everything to try and figure out why all this water was on the floor, we came to the conclusion that the ejector crock just didn't go off backing up the water to over flow the machine. We called the plumber to get his input, but he couldn't figure anything out. Everything looked fine, I ran another load of laundry (the towels that we used to clean up the mess since I wasn't about to grab my whites to wash in front of him.) and nothing happened. Which really is a good thing, but hard to try and figure out what happened. So we settled on the conclusion of a "fluke". He said that something may have got caught on the bobber thingy in the ejector crock causing it to not go off, but he couldn't see anything. I was able to finish all of my laundry and no more water leaking, so we are just going to keep our fingers crossed that this won't happen again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Seriously! This is the THIRD basement that I heard that flooded on Christmas eve!! NO JOKE! One of my friends lost thousands of dollars of items (all of their Christmas gifts)! Nate and Kate also had a problem. So you are not alone. :-)
Post a Comment